INSANITY OR P90X

Options
BCXMC
BCXMC Posts: 78 Member
I'm looking to buy either one, price doesn't concern me its:

--which one would I lose the most?

--probably stick to the most?

--AND WHICH IS BETTER FOR AN COLLEGE STUDENT (WHOS ALWAYS ON THE GOOO)

I would like your opinions!!

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Insanity
  • darnold67
    darnold67 Posts: 36
    Options
    I have done both and I have to say that I love Insanity! I got good results with doing P90X first but now I'm on my 7th week of Insanity and I love it!!! The results are amazing and the way you feel is great! I say do that one!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have done both! Insanity no extra equiPment, p90x you do need some! I have lost some weight on Insanity and on p90x not much! Both are good!
  • tamra5158
    Options
    I purcased INSANITY on Beachbody and sold it on EBAY. I was NOT ready for it at 230 lbs, but let me tell you, IT WAS HARD CORE WORKING OUT, TONING AND WILL WORK!!! I have friends that have P90X and they all wish they woulda got INSANITY INSTEAD. Get it off EBAY you won't be disapointed!
  • Andywilsonpt
    Andywilsonpt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    p90x will cover all aspects of fitness, from cardio, resistance to flexibility. Insanity is a intense cardio workout but doesn't really cover resistance, so I would opt for the p90x.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    P90X will prepare you with upper body strength before taking on Insanity. However, Insanity does not require any equipment, weights, etc. With Insanity you just push play, start your heart rate monitor, and prepare to get your butt whoop!!! You will lean up fast on Insanity.
  • knightwriter
    Options
    Though I have not tried P90X I have worked with Insanity and highly reccommend it.---no extra equipment to buy; so no extra equipment to have to travel back and forth; can be done anywhere you can play a dvd; requires very little space. It is rigorous program and requires commitment. But it does work. I went through the program last spring. I lost nearly 20 lbs and now I am about to do the program again. Good Luck.
  • digger33
    digger33 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have both P90X and insanity. I started w/ P90X on Jan 10th 2011. I quite doing them and started doing Insanity on Feb 28th and LOVE insanity way more. You will notice that the inches will shed away if you stick w/ either one and do the eating nutrition plan . My husband did P90X the whole 90 days and he look GREAT, it wasnt for me. Its all about how hard you want to workout and if you want to build muscle than P90X might be the one you want to do, if you want to tone than insanity is the one to go with. Hope this helps
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I purcased INSANITY on Beachbody and sold it on EBAY. I was NOT ready for it at 230 lbs, but let me tell you, IT WAS HARD CORE WORKING OUT, TONING AND WILL WORK!!! I have friends that have P90X and they all wish they woulda got INSANITY INSTEAD. Get it off EBAY you won't be disapointed!

Buying off of ebay or craigslist you stand the chance of buy a bootleg, copy, counterfeit or it just doesn't work. Beachbody will not be responsible should you take that route.
  • BCXMC
    Options
    Welp :ohwell: I think so far its INSANITY, I LOVE CARDIO (you might can't tell, right now) but I'm looking forward to ending this year off with a bang!!! If Insanity is the BEST and I've heard about it more then P90X (I heard about P90X by googling Insanity lol so I wanted to know the difference).

Thanks for your opinions you guys!! I love this site.. its like free mentors on hand right at your finger tips!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    I own both and have completed both... P90X twice. It's interesting to see the Insanity love over P90X but I get it, no equipment, just moving and sweating and shorter workouts.

Insanity is really for the cardio lover, if you don't like cardio that much, Insanity is not for you. I enjoy cardio, more kickboxing cardio type of stuff, but my favorite is weights which is probably why I prefer P90X. Toning up is my overall goal but if you're looking to shed fat quick, Insanity is your best bet.

Either way, you'll do great!
  • Madmumlee
    Madmumlee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have just done my first day on P90X - never heard of Insanity. I'll see how I get on with the P90X, but I did like the first day. I think you can get round having to have lots of equipment. I already have some weights, but you can get resistant bands fairly cheaply on EBay. They recommend a HR monitor, but I think it's not absolutely necessary.
  • BCXMC
    Options
    P90X will prepare you with upper body strength before taking on Insanity. However, Insanity does not require any equipment, weights, etc. With Insanity you just push play, start your heart rate monitor, and prepare to get your butt whoop!!! You will lean up fast on Insanity.

What is the equipment needed for P90X?!
  • BCXMC
    Options
    I have done both! Insanity no extra equiPment, p90x you do need some! I have lost some weight on Insanity and on p90x not much! Both are good!

• BCXMC
    Options
    Insanity

• edorice
    Options
    Resistance bands and basic weights are needed for P90X. There are also three cardio workouts within the P90X program.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Currently on my 10th Week of P90X. I've been doing insanity workout once a week for the last 3 weeks with a couple of friends and it kicks butt! It's very high impact. Insanity workouts go by a lot faster than P90X to be honest. I have not decided if I'm going to do it yet because I'm afraid of the high impact stuff!
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    P90x is also a longer committment . It's 13 weeks but It's hard core working out. You'll get very strong.
  • edorice
    Options
    P90x is also a longer committment . It's 13 weeks but It's hard core working out. You'll get very strong.

Getting into shape and keeping the weight off should to be a lifetime commitment. After doing these programs I can't see myself getting back on the treadmill everyday @ a 2 mile per hour pace, while talking on my phone and watching the Lakers game.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

I've done both, and don't think I could have done Insanity without P90X first. I miss P90X's workouts, I like Insanity and it totally kicks my butt. I add extra workouts as they are only 40 minutes and I prefer a full hour, I miss the weight routines. Ideally, my perfect workout would be 3 days P90X strength work and Yoga and 3 days of Insanity.

I've not lost weight on either program but I didn't have much to lose to begin with. I did lose one clothing size on P90X and have only done Insanity 2 weeks to not be able to know yet the results.

I personally think Insanity is easier to stick with for a busy college student because the work outs are shorter and you don't need any additional equipment.