Wanna stop smoking? I need a motivation partner

Options
I don't really know if this is the right place for this, but it falls under motivation and support for me. I've been smoking for 7 years now, and I'm only 21, but I want to quit as a part of this "new and better life" I'm aiming for.

Will you quit with me?

I need someone honest, someone who can be my support, a motivation and someone who won't kill me when I fail, but guide me back. It would be really great if I had someone who went throug it with me :)

So? Wanna quit with me?

Replies

• JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My quit date is 3/19 (along with my hubby), I am using wellbutrine.

You can certainly add me if you'd like ;)
  • barbsus1991
    barbsus1991 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do!! I have been trying to quit the last few days. Been 5 days now, but caved today and had one! Think someone to do it with alongside weight loss will help!
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'll quit with you. For like the 100th time, I will try again.
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your quitting buddy. I have been smoking since i was 13 so that means i have been doing it for 15years which is more than half my life. I am already smokin less than 10 cigs per day but need someone to quit with. My husband is a nonsmoker and doesn't understand how hard it is. i have tried to quit before without much success but i soo would love to just put them down and forget about it, but sometimes it is not that simple. So if you wanna be quitting buddies let me know.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    friend me, I am quitting tomorrow! :)
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should move to Nebraska.....they are considering tripling the taxes on cigarettes. Two of my brothers smoke, as did my parents. I sometimes wish I had the money they've spent on cigarettes over the years. I could probably retire independently wealthy (well, if I had invested in Apple stock years ago :wink: )

Good luck. I admire your determination to launch a new healthier lifestyle!
    Kaye
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Ugh I am in the same boat, I am terrible at quitting. I have tried a couple of times. Even carry around one of those expensive Blu electronic cigarettes but never use it.

You can add me and we can both give it a good shot right!!!!!

Besided smoking almost a pack a day and trying to do Insanity for me is crazy. I know if I quit it would make the workout a little bit easier on me. :tongue:
  • Thunderthighs87
    Options
    I will quit with you. Just add me. I've failed a few times but I'll try again. Why not?
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I already quit, but you should buy the book "The Easy Way To Quit Smoking" by Allen Carr- it's an easy read and tells you to smoke while you read the book. It's worked for me and many friends of mine! :) Best of luck- you'll be so happy you quit!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, I have been right where you are at, and would love to help and motivate you if I can in anyway. I just had another few friends that quit recently and are still successful as well.:smile:
  • litjader
    litjader Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you all so much! You are amazing! I am addicted to the last cigarette of the day and of course is chained to the ashtray as soon as I get a drink in my hands.

Please add me if you want to, I don't think this will be easy, but the more the merrier :P
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    friend me, I am quitting tomorrow! :)

ME TOO! friend me too guys... I'm hoping this will be easier then last time I tried to quit... I've only been smoking for almost 4 years now, but dang it expensive and not good for my health and kids! Hard part is hubby smokes to, a lot longer then me... and this is going to be soo hard, because I'll always have them in the house :(
  • litjader
    litjader Posts: 5
    Options
    Perhaps you should move to Nebraska.....they are considering tripling the taxes on cigarettes. Two of my brothers smoke, as did my parents. I sometimes wish I had the money they've spent on cigarettes over the years. I could probably retire independently wealthy (well, if I had invested in Apple stock years ago :wink: )

Good luck. I admire your determination to launch a new healthier lifestyle!
    Kaye

Thank you, I live in Norway and here is it 15 dollars for a pack of cigarettes! Unfortnatly that hasn't stopped me yet..
  • jules777_us
    jules777_us Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I quit 2 years 1 month 4 days and 6 1/2 hours ago....lol All of my friends are smokers which made it 20 times more difficult but I did it. If the girl who chimney smoked for 19 years can quit anyone can..... if you would like to add me as a friend to keep on the straight and narrow feel free. 1st and foremost you need to find a quick outlet for your stress that's the biggest thing most people become stress eaters when they quit smoking but if you find a work out outlet it's soooo much more healthier.

Good luck
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I am a ex smoker, have supported my hubby and my chainsmokin sister into also being non smokers. I quit while hubby still smoked
    FIRSTLY, Dont say you are going to try.
    Pick a day and that day you are no longer a smoker dont have another again.
    Start changing how you think about it. Its an little evil stick that used to be a friend that was with you through everything. Its there when your bored, its there when your mad, stressed, sad, happy through everything, BUT if we had a friend in real life that tried to bring us down all the time we wouldnt keep them as a friend. Same goes for smoking, YOUR Stronger than the little evil stick, It cant be in your life anymore its not good for you ITS KILLING YOU!
    Drink COLD water when your going through cravings, for some reason it helps your brain stop the cravings.
    Chew Gum
    When your starting to think about it to much go do something, clean the house, exercise dont dwell on the fact your not smoking right at that moment
    BELIEVE IN YOURSELF and Truly want it, because it wont work if your dont. YOU HAVE TO WANT TO NO LONGER SMOKE!
    Keep the reasons why your doing it on a list on the fridge.
    YOU CAN DO IT!! and WHAT A GREAT CHOICE YOUR MAKING FOR YOURSELF BE PROUD OF THAT TOO!!
  • Michelle228
    Michelle228 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I want to quit so bad... i quit for like 8 years then got sick and stressed and started back up again . My son begs me to quit but when i try i get edgy and *****y and i hate it . YES I will quit with you ! for myself and my family we can all be each others strength to get by :) I need the motivation to quit smoking as well as start exercising its frusterating but i want it soooo bad !
  • CarlitaK
    CarlitaK Posts: 139
    Options
    I was a smoker for over ten years (I'm 26) and quit in May 2010. I'm proud to say i've only had three puffs since then (all last summer) and am going strong!

It is so worth it! Not only will you feel better, but you won't smell, you won't need to go outside to smoke and can actually sit inside with your friends, and you will have way more endurance at the gym!

It is definitely a hard thing to do.. I gained some weight in the process of quitting, but it is so worth it! Good luck to you all!

Feel free to add me if you want some support... as someone who's gone through it
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    So do you have a quit day or a plan of any kind that can help you make this GREAT choice for your life?