What is New Couch to 5k (C25K)

Options
I hear people saying they are doing this - Can someone fill me in on what it is, and is it a DVD I buy?

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's a way to start running that gets you up to running 5k within 9 weeks.

http://www.c25k.com/
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It all on a website. You can look at it at http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml. It's a running plan to breaks down running so you can run a 5k after 9 weeks of training 3 days a week.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    www.c25k.com

it is a beginner's running program
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It is a plan to get you running 5K in 8 or 9 weeks. You can check it out on coolrunning.com

Barb
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Its a program that teaches you to run a 5k in 9 weeks. Each week, its day on, day off, you build up the time you run slightly. I'm on week 7, I love it. The first time you run only 60 seconds, by the end you run 35 minutes. You can google it, I have the app on my iphone.
  • deanawhitney
    deanawhitney Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It is a program that gets you from the couch to being able to run a 5k in 9 weeks. It slowly works you up over the 9 weeks with intervals of walking and running. It is a really great program. You can just google it and find out the actual workout. They have podcasts that go along with it that you can buy for iPods. I did it and it really worked. The first couple of weeks were torture because I wasn't used to running but now I love it.
  • AWest0716
    AWest0716 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was never a runner and I completed c25k December 2009. I ran several 5k/10ks races after that and ran my first half marathon this december. It's a great program. If I can run 13 miles, anyone can! Definately look into it
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    There is also 5K101 from Running Mate, you can download the podcasts on iTunes for free.
  • balston2010
    balston2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

here is the website i just started it today?
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    It is really good. I have the 321Run app on my iphone that has the program on it and allows me to listen to my music at the same time AND have my Nike + App running at the same time too!

I however. Have been doing week one for about 4 weeks now. I got new shoes and only tried them once because having a week off because of sickness. So. I am back in to it today! here's hoping my new shoes allow me to run more than 5 intervals!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I just started it last Friday! Tonight is Week1/Day2...hope I can complete the program!
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I just started it today, too. Depending on how fast I get my stamina (I haven't exercised in YEARS, and I'm very overweight) I may double the time (I'm in no hurry) just to make it easier on myself, but I'm definitely gonna keep at it. You should definitely try it! Good luck!