Stronger Better Faster Sept 26

Options
Hi there,
How are you all doing today?
I just did week 6 day 3 of the push ups and couldn't finish. I just didn't have it in me this morning. I really think Shred was making a difference in my core and I haven't done that in a couple of weeks. Week 6 is tough, for sure, but I think if my core muscles were stronger I would have at least been able to finish.
So today:
Push ups (done..sort of.)
Drink my water and more
TRY to get a Shred or something in this afternoon.
OH! And healthier eating!

I've been dehydrated a lot in the last few weeks. Any tips? If I have one soda I am SOO dehydrated. I drink water pretty much all the time as far as when I drink something it's water. Is there anything other than drinking water that will rehydrate me?
I hope you all have a blessed day!
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    How are you all doing today?
    I just did week 6 day 3 of the push ups and couldn't finish. I just didn't have it in me this morning. I really think Shred was making a difference in my core and I haven't done that in a couple of weeks. Week 6 is tough, for sure, but I think if my core muscles were stronger I would have at least been able to finish.
    So today:
    Push ups (done..sort of.)
    Drink my water and more
    TRY to get a Shred or something in this afternoon.
    OH! And healthier eating!

I've been dehydrated a lot in the last few weeks. Any tips? If I have one soda I am SOO dehydrated. I drink water pretty much all the time as far as when I drink something it's water. Is there anything other than drinking water that will rehydrate me?
    I hope you all have a blessed day!
    Melissa
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,

MM, I drink these little packets called "Emergen-C" in my water. They have no sugar, tons of B and C vitamins and some electrolytes. They seem to help keep me well hydrated and energized. Also, they're a little bit fizzy. . .so if you pretend really, really hard. . .they're a soda. I actually saw them at a Wal-Mart a few months ago, but a health food store would carry them for sure.

Also, someone told me that unsweetened, natural coconut water has all the electrolytes your body needs. (but. . .it has calories)

So, as an experiment (another wacky one) I've decided to weigh myself every morning, just to re-enforce the idea that weight just fluctuates. I'm a pound lighter than yesterday, so. . .there you go.

Also, starting Saturday, I'm taking a break from logging my food. I think I might commit to a week on paper, and then "check my work" at the end of the week here. I'm just noticing that when I get stressed, I'm eating something off-limits to be rebellious, and not even because I really want it. Yep, I'm a coo-coo bird.

This push-up challenge is hard! But, I also find it really empowering. For whatever reason, push-ups just seem bad-*kitten*.

So, to everyone: take care of yourselves today!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Today is the last official day of vacation. In many ways it didn't feel like one, but I'm getting my cycling in, so I'm happy about that. Had a strawberry cake last night at my book club. It was pretty good, though store bought. I find that I still order salads at many of the places we go to. My body has gotten used to vegetables, so that's what I want. I'm still thinking about the stuffed portobella I had the other day - might have to go there again - it's one of the reasonably priced places too! They also have giant cookies that are very good.

Today is another bike ride. I'll wear sun screen today as I don't want to get red. I still haven't become enlightened enough to forgo sun tans. I just think I look better golden brown.

V - what's wrong with a week of not logging at all? What is the worst thing that could happen?
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    V - what's wrong with a week of not logging at all? What is the worst thing that could happen?

Maybe I'll do that. (EEEEK!) Since it freaks me out so much, it's probably what I need to do. Maybe a week of totally not logging, and then a week of logging on paper and figuring out in a week what I did. Mostly, I'm curious as to how much I eat when I'm "just eating". and allowing my body to normalize. I have a feeling it might be less than what I've been struggling to eat. Or, maybe I'm underestimating some of the calories I eat, and then overeating because of what the log says.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday I went over my calories again, but I didnt gain, and I didnt lose. Remained the same thank goodness! Today Im going for a walk with my grandpa and taking him out for lunch for his Bday. Starting tomorrow my husband and I are going to have a competition again.. That seems to help me stay on track the most.

This morning I was thinking about why I have no motivation to lose weight... as I was reading some profiles... some say they are trying to avoid diabetes... which made me think.. I dont really have a reason besides wanting to look better... That doesnt motivate me at all. Maybe im not as driven because I dont have a reason why I want to lose weight? Who knows. All I know is that I'll make it one day. haha
  • jangirls
    Options
    MY FIRST 4 LBS. SO HAPPY START ON 09-22-08
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Well I am just heading to bed now, but in the morning (Saturday) a friend is having a big bbq/pool party for the AFL Grand Final (kinda like the Superbowl out here). So that will be fun, but it's only just spring here and I really wasn't expecting to have to put on a bikini this soon!! Thought I had at least another month or two! Aack!

So my goals are:

-don't drink too much

-get lots of water, it's supposed to be a lovely warm spring day of 30 degrees (Celsius), don't want any sunstroke or dehydration!

-feel confident and have fun, even though I am not mentally prepared to be exposing this much skin!

Enjoy your Fridays! :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    OK, so I decided to start not logging today, for at least the next week. Please hold me accountable to this, friends.

I'm amazed at the anxiety it's causing me. . .which means I've teetered over into obsession-land.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hooray for you V! I'm proud of you! It's going to be okay, you know? :wink:
    Barefoot, have fun, but not too much, at your party! You will have little MFPers sitting on your shoulders!
    Carrie, I don't have much motivation either, other than looking good and really that's not enough motivation for me. That might be why I am struggling. I care enough to complain about my weight, but maybe not enough to do something about it. I really think that if the world did not make such a big deal about being super skinny that I would probably not have major problems with my body like I do. I'm not that big. I just am not as small as I think I should be.
    Okay, so maybe I am the only one this happens to or maybe not. When I pig out it doesn't show up the next day. Like when I visit my family for a week. I don't gain that week. But I get home and start working out again and the first couple of days back home is when it shows up. Is this just me? I mean I understand some foods cause immediate bloating, but as far as adding fat it shows up later.
    Anyway, I'm off to get lunch and I will be working out this afternoon...Shred level 1.
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Oh, and I was so concerned about my drama in the other post, that I didn't say that:wink:

today is bikram, water and vits. Really pushed myself in my weight workout yesterday, and consequently pretty sore from that. Went for a short walk, hoping to get some circulation going and alleviate that.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Yay! I finally got some things accomplished today! I'm excited! I'm eating well, drinking my water, getting some cleaning done, and I did Shred! It has taken me awhile to get back on track. I hope I stay here!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    MM - I'm the same way. The crap I'm eating during this week will not show up for about a week or so.

I just ate butter, sugar, and cinnamon being held together with some flour. I think I achieved that sugar sickness kids get on Halloween - and I only ate 1/2 of it - granted, it was the size of my head.

I made an appointment with the dietician (Oct 15) and she recommended a book called Intuitive Eating. Going to the library today (if this isn't their closed day - ah, cut backs).