Let it out!!!!

Options
I want to know what you do when you get discouraged...
What did it take for you to get where you are now?

Replies

• sneakers71
    sneakers71 Posts: 106
    Options
    me too! please share.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I just realized my food allergies are stifling my weight loss efforts. I've just gotten lazy and have been eating egg whites, tofu, almond butter - and yep, I'm allergic to all of it.

I've spent all this time working out and eating right - just not eating the right stuff for me.

All my P90x and Jillian - stifled.

Now it's time for me to clean out my cupboard and fridge not only so I can feel better, but so that my hard work will not go to waste.

Thanks for letting me vent ....
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Making the decision that I didn't want to be fat anymore. Plain and simple! It's ALL mental! Are you happy with how you look and feel right now? If not, CHANGE IT! As I decrease my body fat and increase my muscle mass, I feel fantastic from the inside out! That's my motivation! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    What had me determined this time was not wanting to have a heart attack by the time I am 50 (in my mid 30s now). But I was 55lbs overweight at that point (top range of healthy weight), so you can see why it was a problem.

I just keep focussing on that - it's amazing how motivating that can be!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    One day I looked in the mirror was just horribly disgusted with the body I saw. I had looked at the same body for years, but for some reason, that morning, it hit me and that was all she wrote. I started using MFP Jan 31 and haven't looked back.

When I get discouraged, I try to reason with myself. I can't expect to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks...but, I know that if I keep doing what I'm doing, the weight WILL come off and the most important thing, is that I feel good on the inside now. I am healthier..even if I'm not as skinny as I want to be.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    The fact that everyday I was getting closer to my goals is what helps me. I have my good and bad days but when I weigh myself or measure, I am seeing this change that I never saw before. That is what keeps me going...knowing that in a few months, I will achieve my goals.

This change isn't temporary and its something that I have fully committed to. With knowing that, I know full well that its okay to have bad days as I have bad days in my every day life and I still am committed to keep going.

This is for me and for no one else...I refuse to not to live...and thats what keeps me going.
  • hotelsierra
    Options
    Sometimes, that means its time for a re-evaluation of your diet/exercise. If i look at what I'm doing and I'm happy with it-- then i will have a binge day- then I rest for a couple of days ( obviously, reducing my caloric intake for no exercise) then i remind myself that if this was easy everyone would be doing it- I'm a very competive, self-starter- so i look at it as an obsticle- I will not let it defeat me- the platue will end! Friends are a great motivator too, along with the support found on MFP-
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It really is hard to stick to it. Motivation can be hard for me...i'm constantly tired (I'm guessing from a vitamin deficiency) and working out always seems a chore...but every time i look in the mirror and see the parts i really don't like....makes me wanna do sit ups.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    When I get discouraged I think back to my vacation at the beach last July and remember how miserable I was. I hated how I looked and how I felt and I remind myself that I do not want to go back there. Another thing I do is take it one day at a time instead of looking at how far I have to go. I'll just tell myself "just for today, I'll make the right food choices, just for today, I'll not eat that piece of cake, just for today, I'll do at least 30 minutes of exercise". It doesn't work all the time but it helps. :tongue:

What got me where I am so far is determination and not giving up. I let go of the "bad" days and remind myself that one bad day or even a couple of 'em, can't keep me from my goal.
  • catysthename
    Options
    When I get discouraged I think back to my vacation at the beach last July and remember how miserable I was. I hated how I looked and how I felt and I remind myself that I do not want to go back there. Another thing I do is take it one day at a time instead of looking at how far I have to go. I'll just tell myself "just for today, I'll make the right food choices, just for today, I'll not eat that piece of cake, just for today, I'll do at least 30 minutes of exercise". It doesn't work all the time but it helps. :tongue:

What got me where I am so far is determination and not giving up. I let go of the "bad" days and remind myself that one bad day or even a couple of 'em, can't keep me from my goal.

One bad day can't overcome the satisfaction at the end...good one.
  • hotelsierra
    Options
    We all have bad days! binge days! lazy days! whatever you call them- thats life- remember this is a lifestyle change- not a diet- life has ups and downs- just like your body- go with it dont stress- (increases cortizol) lol......and go for a walk- :happy:
  • catysthename
    Options
    Definitely need a walk right now...