30 Day Shred - Everyday?

emilybrittain
emilybrittain Posts: 31
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I started Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred on Saturday and did it yesterday too (depsite the fact that the front of my shoulders were killing!! from the previous day) but I wondered - do people do it every day? Jillian doesn't really explain if you're meant to do it every day or just every couple of days?

What does everyone else do? Any suggestions?!

Replies

• sneakers71
    sneakers71 Posts: 106
    I take 1 day off per week. just to give it a rest.
  • i think it ment to be everyday, but like the above poster said i think im gonna have at least one day of rest, im starting it tonight very excited defo wont be thinking it tomorow morning when im aching all over ! ;)
  • I think it depends on you. I do it every day though. I was very sore too in the beginning but I still pushed through it and today was day 3 of level 2 for me. Best of luck on your journey!
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    I had been doing it every day until I got to level 3. I got home late from work this last Friday so I didn't do it, then Saturday we spent all day away from the house so I didn't do it, and Sunday I said why not and took the day off. Began with level 3 today and considering I did 20 days straight I think I did good. I would say do whatever you think is best. Maybe do the 10 days per level and take a day off in b/w the levels.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    I am on day 25... I have done it everyday but 3 days, when i missed i did it twice the following day to make up the day. So far i have lost 14.3 lbs!
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    I started out with 30-day shred, twice per week. and still don't do it daily----just three times a week. however i do work out daily. It is very extreme workout, and probably not a good idea to do everyday, unless you are seriously "In-Shape" already. Good Luck :-)
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    I have been doing the 30 Day Shred for 1 complete week.. I think I'm going to try to move to level 2 and everyday switch from level 1 to level 2 so my body will not get use to doing the same work out..
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Just because it says 30 day shred, doesn't mean you have to do it daily. Find what works for you :) I just started it again today! Good luck to you (:
  • I started the 1st time in January & did it for about 2 weeks everyday. I'm restarting today and my plan is to do it 5 days a week, skipping the weekends. I may get a weekend workout here and there, but decided not to commit to it. I set up my goals here on MFP that I will workout 5 days at 20 mins a day. I'm going to follow the plan that I set and track my calories staying at or under my goal & hopefully see good results. I'm going to count my days as I work out, so I will finish my 30 Day Shred on April 15th.

Good Luck to you!
  • mommaLars
    mommaLars Posts: 6 Member
    I've been doing it for 18 days at level 1. It does get easier after about the 3rd day. Less soreness in muscles. I think I will move up to Level 2 soon. I'm sure I will be sore again..... NO PAIN, NO GAIN is definitely true. Good Luck to all shredders!
  • I started doing it everyday, then my shoulders started to hurt so I took a day off. Now I am back to Insanity (did it once before) since it has more cardio in it and I thrown the JM in every now and again for a change of pace. Personal choice - minimum of 5 days a week, maximum of 6. Once I reach my goal (which is more toning than weight loss) I will switch to 4 days a week, period.

Best of Luck!
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    I did 6 days of level 1 and got sick last week so I took the entire week off. I am better today so I will start it again. I plan to do it in one shot. Wish me luck lol
This discussion has been closed.