Binge eater

Options
Hi everyone.

im trying this to see how i get on. Ive had problems bingeing, and with yo yo dieting for few years. im an emotional eater. is anyone in the same boat?

Id love to hear from u...

Replies

• PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Emotional eater here! LOL I have been trying to do our Wii Fit plus when I feel stressed/lazy/crabby/pissed/etc... That seems to really help.
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yep! I lived in a crappy apartment, even though i was with my boyfriend, the place was trashed before i got there. The look of the place I had to call home was just gross. It made me feel depressed, not to mention it was pretty dark in there. I ate chinese take out for about 5-6 months and went on random other fast food binges too. I gained 20 lbs in a year. Now we're moved out of that apartment and into a cute house. And then i decided to take control.
  • Kerryanne85
    Options
    I am definitely a binge eater. I will go 3 weeks being very very strict and lose 20 pounds and then something or someone will piss me off and I will say - why am I doing this to myself - screw this!! and I will eat everything in sight and gain back 25 pounds. It has been very hard to break this cycle and as a result of my binging I am still overweight even though I am a relatively healthy person. I can't stop the binging when I get upset. I am still trying to figure out how to stop myself from doing this.
  • Inkedsquid
    Options
    Yeah, I'm the same way. And I'm not the type of person to be super strict, like if I have exercised and done well with my eating for the day, I won't shame myself for having 3 or 4 hersey's kisses...so I know it's not me depriving myself of something. I will be doing so well and then as soon as something upsets me I run straight for my comfort foods. Thursday night I undid a weeks worth of work by eating 4 oz of reeses pieces and 4 oz of mike n ikes during one movie....plus popcorn. Ugggghhhh. :(
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Emotional eater here, mostly boredom or stress triggers. Have been pretty good about keeping binging to min but do have indulgence.
  • Salamanda25
    Salamanda25 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Definitely an emotional eater. I suffered with Post Partum depression, I'd practically eat my weight in food most days! The depression is taken care of, but I've found myself craving the foods I ate through depression now when I'm bored/Pissed/anxious.......Gotta try to break this cycle!
  • 1979camaro
    Options
    Just started on the program a week ago...gained a pound :( I eat when I am happy, sad, bored etc. I am going to give 100% in trying to stay within my calories allowed and exercise...hopefully I can do it on a consistent basis. Not giving up after 2-3 weeks as has been my past behaviour. Tired on always thinking about my weight .....I want to be free and happy.