New to MFP. Exercise question.

Options
I am confused. Is there a way to add normal activities to the exercise journal? I do have a desk job but also do some physical labor daily (usually before or after work such as sweeping, mopping, vaccuming, yard work, walking my dogs, etc.). I typed in all these things and got no selection found. Am I doing something wrong? I do plan on going to the gym 2-3 times per week but shouldn't we get some credit for burning calories doing everyday activities?:grumble:

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    type in "cleaning"
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    try just typing in 'cleaning' in general and enter the amount of minutes you spend doing all of those activities. That should cover some of them :)
  • clarreb
    clarreb Posts: 18
    Options
    When you go to type in exercise, just hit the Search button & it will show you a whole bunch of different exercises to use. Hope that helps ; )
  • 04warrior
    04warrior Posts: 16
    Options
    I guess there are a couple of ways to deal with that - you can either set your acitvity level to "lightly active" vs. sedentary which will give you some "credit" for these activities....or invest in a heart rate monitor such as the Polar FT7 and measure your heart rate / calorie burn for these activities and then add them as exercises (when you do a search and it returns no results, you have the option to add an exercise to the database). Once you add it, it will always be there for you to select it in the future....Good luck!
  • scoobysusan
    Options
    hi, i'm new too! i do a Rosemary Conley DVD, how do i put this in?

thanks for any help :)