Help!!! How do I get in enough water???

Options
I only like water when I'm super thirsty. I find it really boring but i know I need to drink those 8 glasses a day to help me lose weight. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Replies

• chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Force yourself to drink it?
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    For me it just comes down to liking the weightloss more than I dislike the water. I drink 20-30 cups a day :drinker:
  • judz46
    judz46 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I add a few drops of lemon juice or lime...makes it a lot easier to drink.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    2 options:

Get 30 oz mug, fill it, stay by the watering station & chug until it's gone. Repeat at each meal

buy some crystal light and suck it up, buttercup

LOL
  • newjmf
    newjmf Posts: 78
    Options
    Get a large cup with a straw or a squeeze bottle...the straw thing helps me ALOT!
  • anamercedez
    Options
    I normally peel cucumbers and slice acouple in water and leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours and its actually pretty tasty or with lemon slices.:drinker:
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Try adding lemon, lime, cucumber (I swear, it's delicious!). You could make up a big pitcher of water and toss some slices of one of those things in and then drink through the day.

The other option is something like crystal light. Or decaf tea (you could use caffinated tea, but since caffiene is a diretic (sp?) I would try and avoid it).

These can all count as water intake since you are basically just putting in flavor. Once you have a good habit of drinking water this way, you could try slowly eliminating these things (especially crystal light with the calories and artifical chemicals). But if this is the only way you can drink water and can't ween yourself off, you'll still be hydrating yourself which is always good and healthy!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I've also heard the straw from here. I have a water bottle and it helps a lot.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I normally peel cucumbers and slice acouple in water and leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours and its actually pretty tasty or with lemon slices.:drinker:

mmmm cucumber water....it is delicious. So refreshing!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I usually just tell myself to drink one bottle every 3 hours.
  • anjumr
    anjumr Posts: 3
    Options
    Have it with cordial....I find that helps with ensuring you consume your required daily amount
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I keep a cup with me all the time. It is a 16 oz with a lid and a straw. With the straw I drink WAY more without realizing it. I used to struggle but now I often drink more than I need. :) and for my body weight I am aiming at just under 12 cups a day.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I echo the suggestions of lemons and limes. These really help me drink water much more than I normally would. Plus it adds a little nice kick to the water. Helps me get to about 5-6 cups a day, which is a huge step for me!
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    Try constantly sipping while you exercise. I usually mix my Protein To Go by Designer Whey into 16oz water, then I'm getting extra protein to help my body recover after exercise with my water. :)
  • TAHerring
    TAHerring Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I put my water in the freezer...I have about 3 bottles in freezer at all times. When I finish one bottle I fill it up again and put back in freezer..before I know it I have drank 8 glasses and more before the day is over. I like it ice cold with ice crystals in it ~ it helps me and I am not a water drinker at all ! Good luck :smile:
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    Buy crystal light (or I personally like the walmart brand) there are a lot of packets you can add to water that doesnt contain sugar or anything (usually a little bit of sodium or natural sweetener) this helps if you dislike water. Or you can try to drink 1 cup with every meal and then save the rest for before and after your workout... when you will be more thirsty.
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    Here are a few tips I use...

Try to get atleast 4 glasses in the morning (for me, its usually before I even have breakfast)

I drink 16 oz before each meal and I take a bunch of vitamins and supplements after each meal so I drink atleast 16 oz then too.

Also for flavor if I'm getting really bored - try iced tea, OR better yet add a splash and I mean a tablespoon of Pom juice (I love Pom-Blueberry) in with 16 oz of water. ITs delicious.

If you like fizzy drinks - I fizz my own bottled water (bought a Twist & Sparkle at Williams-Sonoma) you can fizz anything with and I use it to make Pom-Blueberry Fizzy water!!! YUM!!! Almost feels like I'm having a cocktail!!!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same, I was never a big water drinker but Ive made a pact with myself to cut out fizzy drinks and drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. I think the fact that I know that I HAVE to drink it (because I have a lot of water retention) helps me to just go through with it even though it is really boring but after doing some research today I read that if you add a little lemon juice to your glass of water it helps you to use the loo more often, also if you substitute a glass of cranberry juice for one of your 8 a day glasses of water it helps speed things up with getting rid of the water retention. You can try adding small amount of low cal cordial/squash to your glasses of water to add a bit of taste. Otherwise just grin and bare it!!! Its good for you!! :)
  • spackled1
    spackled1 Posts: 13
    Options
    For me it just comes down to liking the weightloss more than I dislike the water. I drink 20-30 cups a day :drinker:

Wow! And I thought I drank a lot.