Low calorie snacks - suggestions please?

Options
2»

Replies

• harley47920
    harley47920 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job on the weight loss! And thanks for reminding me about the berries!
  • HW2Hottie
    HW2Hottie Posts: 100
    Options
    If you have an iphone or ipod there is a great free app called snack app. It gives you options for salty, sweet, chocolate etc. and you can even tell it how many calories you want to use.

Great tip! Thanks!

That's a good one!!
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Chobani Greek strained yogurt is my favorite at 140 cal for a pretty large container.
  • LaurieKPhoto1972
    Options
    Special K Chocolatey Pretzel Bars. OMG, they are better than a candy bar I swear and only 90 calories!
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Cherry tomatoes - you can eat 10 for 31 calories! I lurrve them, if they're ripe it's like eating a bowl of sweets!
    I'm with you here that is one of my favorites too.
    if you can handle the sodium in your diet good lean beef jerky has the protein to kill hunger. If you can't take the sodium, hard boiled eggs are great now and then about 70c apiece
  • barberella
    Options
    La Yogurt Light Probiotic. Has 6grams of protein, and only 16 gms of carbs. 90 calories too.
    I also love hummus and cucumbers. Also, a 90 calorie low fat quaker granola bar too.
  • MindyF68
    Options
    I like veggies, like radishes, sliced up cucumbers with low fat italian dressing, carrots, celery whatever veggies you like just watch out for corn and peas higher calories. I also like fruits pretty much any fruit. Sugar free fat free jello with whipped cream mmmmmmm good and low cal and low fat I use about 2 tbsp whipped cream.
  • happy115
    Options
    1/2 cup 0% Fage Yogurt
    1 cup Frozen Strawberries

Microwave the strawberries (or leave them in fridge overnight) until they are thawed. Mix the two and yummy! I like Kirkland's strawberries - they tend to be sweet.
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of the 90 calorie granola bars, fruit, veggies, and love to eat bites of peanut butter
  • Kezzanna
    Kezzanna Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's quite warm here at the moment, so my favourite snacks are frozen seedless grapes and small pieces of frozen watermelon! Even the dog likes the frozen watermelon! :smile:
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Special K Chocolatey Pretzel Bars. OMG, they are better than a candy bar I swear and only 90 calories!

I will have to look for these. I love salty and sweet together! Yummy!
  • moderationiskey
    moderationiskey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love fat free or light cream cheese topped with sugar free Smuckers red raspberry jelly and a sprinkle of Truvia. It tastes like cheese cake with a fraction of the calories. Sometimes, I add slivered almonds if I have calories to spare. YUM!
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    It's quite warm here at the moment, so my favourite snacks are frozen seedless grapes and small pieces of frozen watermelon! Even the dog likes the frozen watermelon! :smile:

I'm in the uk so firstly, I'm jealous that it's hot!! But seriously I didn't think of freezing fruit, I'm definitely going to try that one!!
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love the Quaker rice cakes myself. Anywhere from 50-70 calories depending on which flavor you choose. I love taking the chocolate ones and adding a bit of cool-whip. :)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    If you have an iphone or ipod there is a great free app called snack app. It gives you options for salty, sweet, chocolate etc. and you can even tell it how many calories you want to use.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Awesome tip! Will d/l that one ASAP.
  • boguru
    boguru Posts: 2
    Options
    Sugar free fudgesicles = 40 calories
    Rocket pops = 50 calories
    *red, white and blue popsicles
    Centrella orange dream bars = 60 calories
    *orange popsicle w/ creamy center
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    100 calorie Pack Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds - I swear it's like eating chocolate. Also love Kashi Go Lean Dark Mocha Almond Chewy Granola Bars 130 cals. These are good ways to get in your good fats as well...sweet, salty, and crunchy all in one...its yummy goodness!