Stay at home moms!!!

Options
I am looking for other stay at home moms to start a motivation group - where we help each other keep motivated on those days that it seems like our kids are controlling our lives and we don't think there is time in the day for a workout!!!

Replies

• Audry
    Audry Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am looking for other stay at home moms to start a motivation group - where we help each other keep motivated on those days that it seems like our kids are controlling our lives and we don't think there is time in the day for a workout!!!
  • motheroftwoboys
    Options
    I'm with you. It has been one of those weeks where I feel like I'm going crazy. Well crazier that I already am. lol My kids still take naps so I have a little time to myself each day.
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    Me too! We are always busy! but I want to help too!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Fortunately my kids are in school all day right now, and I work from home on my computer, which leaves plenty of time for dipping into their school snacks. In between running for volunteering for this event and that event and dropping off a forgotten book, a dropped sweater, etc. I'm on here most mornings from 3 am until noon EST, and struggling hard with the diet thing as of late. Need all the help I can get...and hopefully can give a little too.
  • kate25
    Options
    I'm in. I just put them in the playroom and then I work out. And my older two try to work out too which looks so funny (they are 4 and 2). The laugh every now and then keeps me motivated. And I take them on long walks. It helps me and wears them out = longer naps.
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    :laugh:

i have 3 brats who are all currently sick
    making them even bigger brats!
  • SkinnyMama
    Options
    I'm in! 3 1/2 and 2, definitely feel like a crazy person most days:tongue: Is there anything specific we are going to do?
  • Audry
    Options
    My girls are 2yrs & 4 mo and they don't nap at the same time so I either have to get up before the hubby leaves for work (which I like to sleep so that's hard) or wait until the girls go down for the night (@ 9 pm) so I can go down stairs to workout...
    my 2 yr old did try to work out with me one day when my 4mo old was napping but she was more a distraction than anything

My 4 mo old still goes thru days where all she wants is to be held, so that makes for a long & hard day for everyone - even harder to get a workout in (hubby gets impaitent with her - cuz she's so much different from our first daughter <she was easy - lay her down and she would drift off to sleep by herself, very hands off>)
  • Audry
    Options
    support mostly but if anyone has ideas I am up for suggestions - as I am pretty new to MFP!!!

I am so excited that there are so many moms out there!!!
  • SkinnyMama
    Options
    Well, we could log our cals in and cals burned. That would help us all stay accountable for our "snacks" as well as the exercise:-) I need some serious motivation. I tried doing the biggest loser on here but it just wasn't working for me. I am soooooo happy to do this with other moms, the best idea!!:flowerforyou:
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i'm in. i have an 18 month old son and a 4 month old daughter! my son naps from noon-two and wouldn't ya know my daughter is wide awake then, lol!

my dh gets home at 6, and i'm out the door at 6:30 3 nights a week to go to curves. i was doing work out videos, but the only times i had to do those were when the kids were in bed, or before they woke up and i'm just too damn tired then, lol!
  • motheroftwoboys
    Options
    Mine are 4 and 2. My 4 year old goes to preschool three days a week, so not as much stress as the summer. Took them to the park today (what a great day for it) and had so much fun. I really feels good to be the mom out there playing with the kids. I have so much more energy.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I am IN! I have a 3 year old boy, nearly 2 year old boy & a nearly 6 month old little girl...I'm waiting for the offical diagnosis of "NUTS!" It's bound to happen! Thanks for starting it up!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I think we need a name so we're easier to find every day. I'm still pretty new, too...well, I haven't found a place to "fit" & I'm hoping this is it!
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of something like this =o)
    My little girl is in school and so I just have my 3 yr old home now and can spare some time during the day from time to time to check in! =o)
  • Audry
    Options
    I think we need a name so we're easier to find every day. I'm still pretty new, too...well, I haven't found a place to "fit" & I'm hoping this is it!

I agree we toatlly need a name - anyone have any suggestions!!!
  • jilldan55
    jilldan55 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have 3 kids. 11,9, and 5. I also babysit 3 more. two 1yr olds and my nephew who is 4.
    I manage to get the kids down for naps for at least an hour each day... then I exercise.

Plus......my children think this is child abuse:happy: but if I can walk to where we need to go, we walk. It is saving me so much $$ on gas as well. Another good motivation. I hear a lot of complaining along the way but i just tune it out and keep on awalking.
  • Audry
    Options
    I am in! I have 3 kids. 11,9, and 5. I also babysit 3 more. two 1yr olds and my nephew who is 4.
    I manage to get the kids down for naps for at least an hour each day... then I exercise.

Plus......my children think this is child abuse:happy: but if I can walk to where we need to go, we walk. It is saving me so much $$ on gas as well. Another good motivation. I hear a lot of complaining along the way but i just tune it out and keep on awalking.

Good for you - it's always good to get the kiddos moving to
    I know I am ready for my youngest (4 mo) to be mobile so we can go for longer walks (even with her in the stroller she's not content for long)
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Audry, have you tried a sling for your daughter? My 6 mon. old LOVES it. It keeps her close to me & adds a little resistance to my walk...not that her 2 brothers in the wagon don't add resistence of their own, but everyone has to come along for the ride!

http://www.theslingstation.com/

The ones on here are a little pricy, but I can't find the lady that made mine. She had her own website, but i can't find it now! :frown: But seriously, the sling is a lifesaver. Grocery shopping, walks, vacuuming...where is Tabitha? IN THE SLING! She's going to be so sad when she's too big for it...and so am I!
  • chubbymom
    Options
    Whoooo Hooo! I'm in! Cody is 4 1/2yrs old. He goes to preschool 3 days a week for a few hours. I also, babysit a 17 month old a couple days a week. :smile: