Warrior Dash

Options
So, I searched the forums and it hasn't been brought up in a while..... SO-- anyone planning on doing the Warrior Dash (www.warriordash.com) this year? I'm participating in the Carolinas, not sure I'm really "Fit" enough for it but it looks like being fit may not be the most important aspect for this.

I'd love to see pictures if anyone has participated in the past.

Replies

• Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm doing the one in MD!

It'll be my first marathon and really my first true exercise goal EVER. I'm combining it with the Couch to 5k regimen and realistically, I would be totally psyched to just finish! I think there's a free beer for every person who crosses the finish line.
  • LLeBrun
    Options
    Friends of mine participated last year. It's alot of cardio basically. I believe we are all signing up for this year for the one in Maryland. Good luck!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am doing the one in the Rockies! I have never done it before, but I am really looking forward to trying it too!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I am planning on doing the one in manchester tn.. I havent signed up yet but do plan on doing it..
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    i am doing the one in Windham, NY in August.... it looks like fun (hard fun!) :bigsmile:
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    Options
    I signed up to do the PA one in June. I did the Merrell Down & Dirty Mud Run 10k last year which is similar and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! The obstacles are challenging and its just a great atmosphere. Do strength training for your upper body because there are some obstacles you have to pull yourself over! =)))
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    What is a Warrior Dash? Is that the thing where you're doing almost like an obstacle course? If so there is one in Maryland at Budd's Creek.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the one in Michigan this summer! I am so excited!! It's the first time (I think) it's been here. I have had friends participate in Florida and Chicago. I believe the run isn't the hard part--it's the obstacles :) Either way, I can't wait to get muddy and drink beer afterwards!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I signed up to do the PA one in June. I did the Merrell Down & Dirty Mud Run 10k last year which is similar and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! The obstacles are challenging and its just a great atmosphere. Do strength training for your upper body because there are some obstacles you have to pull yourself over! =)))

I'm doing the one in PA, too! Getting a group of family and friends to do it with me... and thankfully, my brother and sister in law are both EMTs. :laugh: I'm bringing along my own medical staff!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Either way, I can't wait to get muddy and drink beer afterwards!!!

Sounds like my kind of race!! I need to find one in Dallas to do. That would be a blast!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    What is a Warrior Dash? Is that the thing where you're doing almost like an obstacle course? If so there is one in Maryland at Budd's Creek.

www.warriordash.com
  • tammieward
    Options
    I did Warrior Dash in November outside of Austin. It was a blast! I would suggest Warrior Dash to anyone, no matter what fitness level.
    Just the experience alone was awesome!!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks I thought that's what it was.

www.warriordash.com
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Hocking Hills, OH in June with a HUGE group of family/friends!
  • RebeccaM2386
    Options
    I going to talk my boyfriend into doing warrior dash. We would be doing the one in NY in august
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    My wife, some close friends and I are doing the PA Warrior Dash in June. This looks like so much fun, I can't wait!
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    I done the dash in Australia - first one they have ever held here! It was the most dirtiest fun I have EVER had!! Although be prepared to be stiff for a couple of days later! It started of with a 1.5km trail run so cardio is most important I would say. But honestly, it took a group of us 1hr to complete 5kms and we really didnt care!! When you are covered from hair to toe (literally!) in mud, running becomes difficult anyway!! I would do it again tomorrow!
  • yvettenicole21
    yvettenicole21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wanna do this!!! So im definately not in top notch shape does it really matter? I play volleyball and softball but definatley not a runner... lol im think im going to do the one in roanoke tx!!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    looks fricking awesome!!! I wanna do it, but im gunna have to wait til next year it seems? dammit.
    I'm in Australia.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I was trying to get some people together to do the So. Cal one next month, buuuut... no.
    It does look pretty awesome though.