Eating on a schedule

Options
I have recently begun eating my main meals during specific time periods, but I've realized that this is difficult. Some days I'm more hungry then others and I wan to eat earlier. Some days I'm not hungry and eat way later which throws off my schedule. Will eating on a schedule help weight loss? If so how can I adapt to the schedule?

Replies

• ladypurgatori
    ladypurgatori Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I dont necessarily eat on a schedule but I try to eat around the same time everyday. I also make my breakfast the most calories of the day and dinner the least and it seems to work for me. If you want to stick with a schedule then make yourself eat even if your not hungry and dont let yourself eat if you are hungry, just stick to your schedule and eventually your body will get used to it. Good luck!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Eating on a schedule is just hectic. Eat when you are hungry is what I do.
  • screamingsoftly
    Options
    I think the most important thing is to not wait until you are super starving. I take night classes at 6pm until 9pm and I used to try to wait until after class to eat dinner and that was a BAD idea because I would be so hungry I'd just binge and then fall asleep.

I'm now getting better at planning out my meals in the morning and packing a lunch and dinner so I don't get caught in that trap.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    YEP IT IS ALL ABOUT CAL VS CAL OUT NOT 5:00 PM VS 6:00 PM
  • chewelly
    chewelly Posts: 1
    Options
    I find maintaining a schedule very helpful. My main meals may vary by an hour or two, but It is even more important to maintain a snack schedule and know what snack you will have. For example, my snack times are 10:30 and 3:30. I usually have a piece of fruit at 10:30, and at 3:30 a laughing cow wedge with 4 melba toasts. The snacks help me feel full throughout the day so I don't overeat at my main meals.
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2.5 to 4 hours. Right up to 9 or 10 pm. I think it's the best way to avoid hunger. You still have to stay under your calorie goals. The fat loss books I have been reading recommend 5 meals/day for women.