Wonderful websight

Hello everyone,
I am new to this websight. A friend of mine told me about it. This is such a wonderful tool to have. I have lost a total of 17 lbs since starting in January. I was lifting weights but I see that it doesn't help me in being able to eat more foods so for now I stopped lifting and I'm just doing cardio. I'll go back to that later. Awooga01: :wink: :love: :flowerforyou: :blushing: :laugh:

Replies

• Max_Power
    Max_Power Posts: 84 Member
    Just because entering weight lifting as an exercise doesn't add to your allowable calories, does not mean you're not burning calories while doing it! If you want to put a calorie value on it, try estimating just the amount of minutes you're actually lifting (not breaks between sets or stretching) and enter that time as circuit training, even if you're at the gym for a half an hour and only enter 10 minutes of circuit training! Or better yet, get a Heart Rate monitor and use it to track your calories burned during your weight lifting workout. Not only do these calories burned add to your daily calorie allowance, but the added and toned muscle will increase your base metabolic rate- the calories you burn throughout a normal day. Don't stop lifting!
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Welcome! This is a great place with wonderful & supportive people!!! As for your weight lifting, if you choose the cardio section of the exercise tracker and then choose strength training, you can input your time and it will estimate calories burned and add those as available food calories to your food tracker for that day. :wink: