New Here:)

Options
Hi my name is Nicole, I am here trying to look for support and to make new friends.
I am looking to lose 120lbs. I lost over 130lbs in 2004. I ate only 300 calories a day and worked out 2-5 hrs a day 7 days a week. I did it all the wrong way and when I became pregnant I immediately gained all the weight back.
I was once very motivated and after having my two children I became very unmotivated.
I am just looking to be healthy and happy with myself again.

I am hoping for tips and advice, I sure can use it!

I am setting small mini goals for myself so I do not become overwhelmed and quit.

Thanks everyone!

My first mini goal is to lose 25 lbs by May, my son's baptism.

My second mini goal is to lose close to 60 lbs total by my birthday

August 25 2011

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    You can do it.
    I think this site is amazing and is helping me watch what I eat.
    I keep doing little workouts and then one big workout at night.
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi Niickki:+) U can do it, but its so true that having friends to support helps a lot! I'll add u :-)
  • father5
    father5 Posts: 69
    Options
    I Nicole, Welcome to MFP. You are going to do great here. We will help you lose the weight you want and have a fun time doing it.
  • Niickki
    Niickki Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the warm welcome:)
    I am so happy to have found this site.
  • dh_dom
    dh_dom Posts: 8
    Options
    HI,

I'm pretty new to the site aswell. Finding it very simple to use unlike some of the other sites out there.

Would reccomend you taking the time each day to complete your food diary - its amazing how the calories add up.
    Its keeping me focused and healthy in my weight loss.
    It also feels really good adding the daily exercise aswell.

Good luck
    Dom
  • Niickki
    Niickki Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you for the tips.
    I am definitely going to utilize those things.
    Is there any type of certain exercise anyone recommends?

Thanks!
  • dh_dom
    Options
    I really don't like the gym - I feel really uncomfortable as I'm normally one of the most pleasantly plump there.
    Instead I enjoy aeorbic exercise classes. As they are quite popular its much easier to go unnoticed and generally there is quite a mix of slim too plumpness.

I'm particulary enjoying aerobic classes which incorporate boxing/martial art moves - its great fun. I made a point in my first session to tell the instructor that I hadn't done a class like this before and that I was very unfit so worried about not keeping up. She made a point of reasuring me that it is important to work at your own level and only you know that.

I'm so far (in the last 2 weeks) to 4 days cardio/aeorbic exercise classes and then a pilates dvd on the other day on my days off from the 'hard work'.

I get on quite well with fitness dvds aswell. I can my an absolute idiot of myself and not have to worry about anyone seeing. Its also easier to fit in on hetic days.

I like the 10 minute series - but some are much better then others and its worth looking at the reviews on amazon if you are thinking about something like that

Dom
  • dh_dom
    Options
    I apoligise on my terrible spelling and grammar - I'm going to claim typing errors
  • dh_dom
    Options
    I've also booked myself and a willing friend into a 5k fun run for charity. That helps motivate me on the days I feel like crap as I'm not just doing it for myself and actually have an official date which I can work to

Dom