I'm out...

Options
koosdel
koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
Busted my elbow and knee pulling the transmission from my truck.

I can't press, can't squat, can barely crank over the stationary bike. I hope this passes soon. I'm so ticked right now.

rrrr.... was about to hit 380 on squats.

Dirty word!
Dirty word!
Dirty word!

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • psychloveduck
    Options
    I fractured my ankle last September and wasn't able to hit the gym for months. Don't worry, you'll bounce back!
  • TheWatchStander
    Options
    I feel your pain friend. I started my diet/fitness plan the 1st of January and around the 10th of February I rolled my ankle badly. But through steadfast determination I was on the stationary bike with my boot peddling away. I managed to get out of my boot in 2 weeks and my weight loss rate did not even hiccup. You can do it. Just focus your mind on the things you are still able to do because getting upset over the things your injury is limiting will ultimatly be of no avail. Also take this time to focus on your diet, or perhaps another muscle group that may be getting neglected. Maybe do some core exercises that are friendly to your elbow and knee. Sit ups or crunches. Maybe back hyper extentions. Those muscles are going to increase your overall strength and increase your ability in benching, squating and many other exercises. Good luck friend. Hope it heals well for you.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Great idea on the core exercises. And on the diet, it'll be a great exercise in self controll, which I have very little. There is good in everything.
  • jon_dub
    jon_dub Posts: 166
    Options
    Feel better man Grab some dumb bells while you sit in the chair and work those arms
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You will be back in no time! Take care of yourself!! Oh, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your profile picture!!!