Newbie Here!

Options
Hello.
I am really looking to loose some weight. Since I have hit the mid 40 mark the weight just keeps coming on. I have tried and tried to loose weight in the last year and it seems like I will loose 1 pound then get depressed and gain 2 more back. I have a trip coming up at the beginning of May that I really want to loose about 15 pounds. I know that is probably unrealistic but I really want to. I found this website tonight so I am hoping maybe with the help of other people I can do it.

It comes on so easy and it is so hard to get it off.. Looking for any great tips, advice to get started...

Glcarr

Replies

• xStargazerx
    xStargazerx Posts: 100
    Options
    good luck! this website is great and you can do this!
  • glcarr65
    glcarr65 Posts: 74
    Options
    Thanks! I sure hope so........
  • jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Options
    Glad to have you here. This is a great place to share success. Looking forward to it.
  • JenniferTasso
    JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    15 by May is not impossible, just will take determination, but she's right, you can do this!
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome! I know what you mean about the mid-fourty thing. I'll be 44 this year and I also noticed how much harder it is to control weight gain. I think I'm finally on the right track though. Good luck!
    You can add me as friend if you like.
  • toalmom
    toalmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I hit my 40's, I found clothes that I'd been wearing for years were quite a bit snug... lol I've only been on this site a short time, but have found alot of motivation from these great folks!

IMO, 15 lbs may be a bit much to do in a healthy manner. The main thing is to look at more of a lifestyle change than just a diet change. I know, I know. Everybody says "lifestyle change". But it really has to be.

What brings on being depressed? Only losing one pound? That's an accomplishment to be proud of! It's one step further towards the 15. Have you looked at recipes, or cooking styles? When I first found this site, I started doing a hard-core look at the way my husband and I prepare our meals. We've made quite a few changes. Broil or grill instead of fry. Steam broccoli instead of drowing it in Velveeta. Tiny things, just a little bit every day, will make a huge difference in the end.

You have the motivation! Your trip! The folks on this site are awesome. You'll find a whole lot of help and support.

I wish you the best! You're gonna do great!
  • Mischabella
    Options
    Welcome to MFP..i have been here a couple of weeks now..Great support !!! Feel free to add me to your friends.
  • glcarr65
    glcarr65 Posts: 74
    Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful support in just a short time. I think this site just might be the help I was looking for. Most of my friends are lucky enough not to be as heavy as me so I have a hard time talking with them..... I think this site is wonderful....