PHETERMINE

I THINK I MAY HAVE SPELT IT WRONG, BUT ANYWAYS....
MY DOCTOR PRESCRIBED IT FOR ME FOR APPETITE CONTROL AND WOW HAS IT WORKED!!!:drinker:
SINCE 9/11/2008-9/23/2008 I HAVE LOST A WHOOPING 7LBS.
:flowerforyou:
I FINALLY HAVE REGAINED THE MOTIVATION. WHEN I STARTED FP I LOST THE WEIGHT, THEN IT CREPT RIGHT BACK ON. I WAS SO FRUSTRATED, BUT NOW I AM STARTING TO FEEL HOPE AGAIN!

Replies

• I THINK I MAY HAVE SPELT IT WRONG, BUT ANYWAYS....
    MY DOCTOR PRESCRIBED IT FOR ME FOR APPETITE CONTROL AND WOW HAS IT WORKED!!!:drinker:
    SINCE 9/11/2008-9/23/2008 I HAVE LOST A WHOOPING 7LBS.
    :flowerforyou:
    I FINALLY HAVE REGAINED THE MOTIVATION. WHEN I STARTED FP I LOST THE WEIGHT, THEN IT CREPT RIGHT BACK ON. I WAS SO FRUSTRATED, BUT NOW I AM STARTING TO FEEL HOPE AGAIN!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Not everyone agrees with prescription drugs for weightloss -

I do have to say when I was 23 I went thru a bad divorce and was boardering on obese my dr prescribed Phentermine and I dropped about 50 pounds - It stayed off for many years

but and I'm saying but I watched what I ate -

now of course - I'm 46 have 2 kids - and some weight has crept on again- but for the most part it's stayed off - but you have to be committed to keeping that "healthy lifestyle" once you get the weight off

Good luck and keep going with your weightlosss your doing great!!! :flowerforyou:
  • i just started taking phentermine again, and it does work great!!! i was still having trouble in the evenings so my doctor told me to take 1/2 the pill at 11 and the other 1/2 at 3. it works great and now i dont have that afternoon slump!!:drinker:
  • I have been on it since june and that is how i have lost all of my wieght but it also comes with hard work and watching the calories this site has been a HUGE help along my jorney. I am not using just the meds I am working very hard on my weightloss. I have lost 39 pounds since june and I am losing it like the dr wants me too and he moniters me every 2 weeks I go weigh in.
  • beckybubbles
    beckybubbles Posts: 36 Member
    I started taking this too to help with my appetite. I know it is working b/c I am not hungry and actually make myself eat so i know that I am not starving myself. I am eating around the 1200 calorie range, somedays a little less. Unlike you, I have only lost 1.5 pounds while being on it and this is day 9 for me. Do you have any suggestions? I was under the impression that your weight loss is pretty quick. My friend was on it for 4 months and lost 34 pounds. I was getting worried that maybe I am not eating enough. I am intending to start my exercise routine this week of 4X a week for at least 45 minutes, which means I then have to eat more.
  • I started taking this too to help with my appetite. I know it is working b/c I am not hungry and actually make myself eat so i know that I am not starving myself. I am eating around the 1200 calorie range, somedays a little less. Unlike you, I have only lost 1.5 pounds while being on it and this is day 9 for me. Do you have any suggestions? I was under the impression that your weight loss is pretty quick. My friend was on it for 4 months and lost 34 pounds. I was getting worried that maybe I am not eating enough. I am intending to start my exercise routine this week of 4X a week for at least 45 minutes, which means I then have to eat more.

are you eating the right things to make up the 1200 I eat yoguart cheese meat veggies anything but i keep it all under 1200. I have no0t doen alot of exercising but i still do more now with it. you may not see a big loss the first week but keep working with it and you will. I have been told it don't work as well the second time you use it so I had better make it work this time. that is what my dr told me. So if this is your second time then it might just take more time but if it is your first time you will do it just watch the calories and stay off the scale you might be gaining muscel and losing fat. only let the dr weigh you. if you weigh at home don't count that weight just use it as a guideline. that is what I do.

Good luck to you and DON"T give up you can do it!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • beckybubbles
    no it is my first time and i am planning on it being my only time. That is actually what I love about it. I am not so hungry and tired that I can choose the right foods to eat, fruits, veggies, whole grains, lunch meat, etc instead of going straight to the carbs or sugar for an energy rush. Maybe I am not giving it enough time. I have to go back to my doctor every month to get another months supply so he will be monitoring me. I would just be sad if I failed at this attempt to lose the weight too, I feel like what's the deal?
  • no it is my first time and i am planning on it being my only time. That is actually what I love about it. I am not so hungry and tired that I can choose the right foods to eat, fruits, veggies, whole grains, lunch meat, etc instead of going straight to the carbs or sugar for an energy rush. Maybe I am not giving it enough time. I have to go back to my doctor every month to get another months supply so he will be monitoring me. I would just be sad if I failed at this attempt to lose the weight too, I feel like what's the deal?

Don't get discouraged you can do this just put your mind to it and commit that is what you have to do. Don't give up!! We are all here for you here at MFP anytime you need help just ask for it and we will be here. You may not be giving it enough time You can do it some people don't lose much the first month and then the second month they drop 10 pounds. Everyone is different. you can do it just remember you want this for you and only you. keep your mind set high!!!!:flowerforyou:

also you don't have as much to lose as I did so that could be one reason you are not losing faster. I was almost 100 pounds over weight I was 239 starting and I have to get to 155 is what the dr wants but I want 165-170. that could be one reason too.
  • beckybubbles
    you are right that every body is different. You know when you go into something with a certain expectation, I realized this weekend with my husband and kids while we were at the beach that "reality" is often disappointing. I had planned out our morning and nothing happened as planned and I realized that I needed to accept, adjust and then enjoy. to let go of the "expectations" and enjoy what we actually received. I need to do that with my body too. I just need to let it do its own thing. As long as I am feeding it right, keeping it active, it will let go of the unnecessary weight in its own timing I guess. Thanks for talking and sharing. It is always nice to read what others go through and how they gain success. It is awesome to see how well you are doing. I know 28 pounds doesn't sound like a lot to lose, but right now my BMI is teetering between 29/30 which is not healthy. I am past the stage of losing weight for just appearance, but I want to be healthy for my family. I want to enjoy the skin I am in.
  • the first time i took it i was expecting to loose alot of weight also, because everyone that i knew that took it droped weight super fast. unfortunately for me that was not the case. i lost 40 pounds in about 9 months but that was with lots of exercise and eating healthy. i does help with making better choices though!!! i am taking it again now cause i had a baby 8 months ago and cant get those 40 ponds off:ohwell: i figure atleast im not gaining, right? well good luck!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I have taken it before - lost 35 pounds, gained back 40, tried again lost 50 pounds then gained back 60 - be careful once you stop taking it make changes that you can live with permanently- I've learned from my mistakes. Keep up the good work!
  • beckybubbles
    isn't it so funny how everyone seems to be so different. There really isn't a pill that helps is there? i mean it helps, but it doesn't make the fat just melt away. no matter what it seems that you have to be disciplined. Darn that baby weight, that's what my 30 is too!
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Becky - 1.5 pounds in 10 days sounds about right. The recommended is 1 pound per week.

I don't have any experience with this drug but I'd imagine, as others have posted, you need to be very careful when you get off of it. When your appetite returns, it will be hard to control your eating especially if you got used to having less of an appetite.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    wow I had no idea they actually still sold it. I know a girl who is a loser and you will read why whoi was prescribed, I think this, and she didnt lose an ounce all she did was use it to get high and got dependent on it and lost her gourd when she was out of the script. So good luck??? But seriously she just wanted a fix you want results watch what you eat and exercise.
  • I took it for about 6 months lost 50 pounds but it made me act like a psyco! Lol couldn't sleep and the weight inched back on but everyone is diffrent if it works for you and you feal good you do it!!
  • Becky - 1.5 pounds in 10 days sounds about right. The recommended is 1 pound per week.

I don't have any experience with this drug but I'd imagine, as others have posted, you need to be very careful when you get off of it. When your appetite returns, it will be hard to control your eating especially if you got used to having less of an appetite.

One thing I always say You have to be disaplined on this medicine or you will gain it back. I have to change my way of thinking i have to change my way of eating, I have to get off my butt and exercise. I have gotten to the point so i don't get hooked on it i skip a day or two of taking it no. I have been on it since June and I could get addicted to it so i have started pulling back cause i do still have about 6 months of work to go. So that ios one key too weine yourself off of it too slowly and learn how to eat i asked my first visit to have them teach me to eat i had no idea how to do eat.
  • I took it many, many years ago. Probably 8 years ago. It worked great at first. The doctor said that it is usually only given for 6 months at a time. But, I did end up taking it a second go around and it didn't work as well. It did strange things to me, like it dropped my blood pressure and I passed out often, when I stood up, my blood pressue didn't compensate for it and I passed out. Be careful and don't stay on it to long.
  • My doc says that after the next 4 months of the amount I am on, he will up it to keep the effects going. He made me feel so great the other day. He came into my office and said, "Wow, you are looking good, how much have you lost?" I told him that I have lost a total of 7lbs in a week and a half. He joked and said he was worried about me, but I told him to only worry when he can't see me behind a 2X4. :laugh:
    It feels good to know your Doctor is behind you in your success!:love:
  • giggles724
    giggles724 Posts: 49 Member
    I started on phentermine back in June and was only able to tolerate it for about a month and a half. The side effects for me where not worth it (constipation, couldn't sleep,giggers,felt like my heart was racing, etc.) Even after I did things to alleviate those side effects......I still didn't think it was worth it for me. I did manage to lose 12 lbs in the first month. My doctor also prescribed some shots (HcG hormone shot) which I did notice tremendous loss on my belly area.
    The reason I decided to give it a try was because I have a friend that started this about a year ago (her husband and son also tried it) and lost a combine weight of over 200 lbs!!
    She went from 220 to 152! She looks great!!! So I know first hand that this drug does help but it's not for everyone!:grumble: unfortunately.......

So here I am just trying to do it on my own............drug free!! :wink:
  • beckybubbles
    I am using this to help get the cravings and bad eating habits under control so that when I go off of it I have a changed life style. I have to check in with my doc before he will write me a new script, so he might decide when I go in at the end of Oct. that it has given me enough of the motivation to keep going on my own. He allows his patients to take it in 3months cycles, evaluate taking 1-2 months off and then back on again if still needed, I am hoping to not need the second round. i am really working on getting more calories in since I know not eating enough actually counter acts the whole goal of weight loss. It is difficult still, I never was a big eater, just a binge eater b/c of emotions, and my life is super stressful right now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!