Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options
I have been reading about a lot of people doing the '30 day shred', has anyone had any success with it, I was thinking about getting the dvd.

Replies

• kaitlyn12osu
    Options
    It's great for toning, but I've never tried it as a weight loss tool. Since it's only 30 minutes, I would supplement it with 30 mins of cardio before or after! It's a great workout though!
  • jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Options
    I just bought it. Hoping to start it this week.
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    I feel ALOT more energy when I do it. It makes me SOO tired and very sore, but its worth it. You can totally see/feel a difference:) I 100% suggest buying it:)
  • Dmonique85
    Dmonique85 Posts: 112
    Options
    I just bought it, 3rd day...& I am burning!!! I would say go for it, I got it for like 9.99 at Wal-Mart. She pushes you, but it's great.
  • Ragsdales6703
    Ragsdales6703 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just started it tonight and its definately a great workout. I kept having to stop during the cardio, but it would be great to build up endurance.
  • ashton_leigh464
    Options
    It's a great workout. If you really stick with it and push yourself you'll big changes. Not necessarily weight. Take measurements because you might lose more inches the lbs. If you choose to get it good luck!
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    I love 30 day shred its circuit training with cardio strenght and abs im on day nine and can feel a difference already and it is only 20 minutes....
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    If you already exercise "hard core" you probably won't find it extremely challenging. I go to the gym 5 days a week and usually take 2 classes plus do a 450 cardio calorie burn on treadmill or elliptical so for me its not long or intense enough for a regular workout. However I use it on weekends when I back off on the exercise to rest my body and its good to give me some exercise without pushing it. I actually find her fat blast/metabolism boost more of a challenge and gets a sweat worked up.
  • daphne_gets_fit
    daphne_gets_fit Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do you need any other equipment with the dvd or just yourself?
  • tramar
    tramar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You just need small hand weights (like 3-5 lbs) and a mat if you are working on a hard surface. Good luck! I love it so far.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    It suggests a mat and some hand weights. Some start with 3 lbs and work up to the suggested 5 lbs.

It works, but depending on your fitness level, you might have to add other things. I do it every other day and add the elliptical. I'm losing and toning.

Good luck! :)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just hand weights (and a mat if you need one). I started it back in January, but had to stop due to a running injury. I started up again 11 days ago. I have noticed a difference in my tummy in that time. It feels tighter.
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have never done it for 30 days straight so I can't attest to any "guaranteed" results. That being said it is still my all-time favorite workout video!

I do it 1-3 times a week--usually I sandwich it between my two biggest cardio days. I used to do it every other day but now I also use Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Bootcamp videos as well for more variety--both are worth checking out if you like the circuit training style of Jillian's 30 Day Shred.

A common complaint I hear about this video is that JIllian is too tough/has negative energy. If this is something that starts to bug you then I'd check out Biggest Loser videos with Bob--it is a lot of the same moves with a smiling face. Personally I wish she yelled at me more :) It pushes me to keep going!

Start at Level One and move your way up. When I first started this video I did Level 1 for one week, Level 2 for 2 weeks and then hit Level 3...it's a killer!!

Have fun!!
  • lizzieballs
    Options
    I have used the Shred,and I like it. It's short (only 30-ish minutes) but its a good workout that leaves me feeling like I've done something. It also leaves me feeling like Jillian Michaels has completely kicked my butt! I don't do it every single day, but I use it about every 3rd day, on my rest day from regular exercise. Would definitely recommend it!
    Good Luck!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it since Jan 1st. I did each level for 10 days.....now I just do one every morning.
    Most days I also use the treadmill & also the elliptical. I have noticed a big loss in my waist. My arm are also pretty strong after all the push ups, & plank stuff : ) It's a great workout. I also do Jillians No more trouble zones on the weekends, it's alot longer...about 53 mins of pure torture...I really feel like I've had a great workout after I'm done! Give it a try if you really want to sweat : )
  • ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I recommend it! Through pure determination I did it 6 days a week for 35 days (spent 5 days longer on level 2 because I didn't feel ready to move on). I am 5'5" and went from 161 lbs to 149. I lost 12 lbs and a few inches here and there. :-) Sometimes I would add in Jillians 6 week 6 pack every couple days. But other than that I wasn't doing any other type of workout routine, besides watchign what I'm eating and counting calories. Good luck :)