Who still eats maccas?

Options
zorbaru
zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
Just curious how many people out there still eat maccas and other types of junk food?

i do but i always ensure that i am under or close to my calorie goal if i do

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I never ate Maccas much to begin with or KFC maybe once a year I had them if that. I live in a small country town where there are no temptations like that thank goodness.
  • lynkin
    lynkin Posts: 1
    Options
    yeah i do but i make sure to hve somethink that is within my calorie count :P
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    like once every 2 months....still within my calories. I know it's not good calories but I crave a BigMc every now and then ;)
  • scottiechick77
    Options
    I hate the sickly bloated feeling you have after you eat a maccas or kfc, so I never really ate it before..... but i must admit to loving thai food takeaways.... chicken laksa and chicken hokkien noodle... YUM.... probably just as bad though :-(
  • kacka68
    kacka68 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't.....too many calories and leaves me still feeling hungry not long after.

However, in the past when I've had Maccas after I haven't eaten it for a while, you can feel the layer of grease on your lips and on the roof of your mouth for ages afterwards (well I can anyway).
  • niknik43
    niknik43 Posts: 36
    Options
    What in the world is a "macca"?!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    What in the world is a "macca"?!

I’ve never heard of it, either. And google didn’t help.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    When I read it at first I thought "Who eats macaques?" But I've got monkeys on the brain....

It's a question about McDonalds' food.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I do, with a young family the kids want to eat it, so I just incorporate into my daily calories.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    LOL! What is a macca?? I had to rub my eyes and reread. Thought it said - does anybody eat macaws??? LOL
    (I have macaws)
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options

Clearly, I am getting old and am not hip to what the kids are calling Mcdonalds these days. If say Mickey D’s will everyone know I’m over 30?
  • niknik43
    niknik43 Posts: 36
    Options
    Oh my. I'm from the old school, too.

I was thinking it was some kind of wonderful tropical fruit or something.

Sheesh. McDonald's. Who knew.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I think this might be a geographical thing.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Clearly, I am getting old and am not hip to what the kids are calling Mcdonalds these days. If say Mickey D’s will everyone know I’m over 30?

LOL!!!
  • jnknzxD
    jnknzxD Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I realized that Maccas seems to be an Australian term for Mcdonalds, that's what we say instead of Mickey D's.

I do.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I think this might be a geographical thing.

I think you are correct :)

I do when I am out and about. There are healthier options like seared chicken wraps. Get it with a salad and a water and it's healthier than subway.

In fact, I feel just fine going to a large chain like Maccas where I know the nutritional values of their stuff as opposed to going to some random fast food joint that you really have to guess with.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Heh - I knew what "maccas" meant from being on here, but for a long time to me, "Macca" was a reference to Paul McCartney by die hard fans.

Haven't had any McD's in two months since starting this little weight loss/exercise journey. I have had pizza twice in that stretch - but only two slices each time, and healthier variations. I have been pretty good about just choosing not to eat fast food, though it sure would have been easier and more convenient to do so a couple of times.
  • chickybabe05
    Options
    Yes but within my calorie goal.....to me cutting out any food is not a good idea, and as long as its all in moderation there shouldn't be a problem
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ha!!!! I totally did not get the McD's thing. I was thinking maybe it was a type of exotic fruit until junk food was mentioned and I'm thinking, "huh????"

Actually I hate McD's. If I'm going for junk food burgers I want Carl's Jr. or In N Out (or in Austin, P. Terry's, which is the closest we can get to In N Out).
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    haha, i would have thought "maccas" was a generic term. but i guess ive heard "mickey d's" in some american tv/movies

good thing i didnt say "Hungry Jack's" (that is what burger king is called here)