Net calories

wenran
wenran Posts: 8 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
can someone please explain net calories to me? :)

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    It's not complicated. It's just how much you've actually consumed after you subtract your workout. So I eat 1700, work out and burn 1000, my net is 700 :)
  • You use your net to see how much of a deficit you are at since it subtracts your execise from your intake. Take your net and compare it to your goal.
  • I find it confusing as well. So am I suppose to eat my "goal" calories which are 1340? Today I ate 1324 and 225 calories burned by exercise so my net is 1099. Is it suppose to match my goal, be less than what I have? It's confusing.
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    its supposed to be as close to your goal as possible. the website already takes account for normal day to day activity and such. the point of GOAL is to be matched to NET. Which is the number of calories you consumed - the number of calories you burnt off while exercising
  • its supposed to be as close to your goal as possible. the website already takes account for normal day to day activity and such. the point of GOAL is to be matched to NET. Which is the number of calories you consumed - the number of calories you burnt off while exercising
    Ok thanks! that answers my question, I just read a lot on here about people saying not to eat your calories burned. But I know from experience not getting enough calories can stall you in your weight loss because your body goes into starvation mode. It prevented me from losing weight for 3 weeks until I realized that I wasn't eating enough. (I was using a different program).
  • wenran
    wenran Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks! This was really helpful [:
  • Dutchgirly
    Dutchgirly Posts: 57 Member
    My goal is 1200, but I burnt 900 calories. Do I hurry up and eat 900 calories? That doesn't seem right.
This discussion has been closed.