healthy drink ideas???

Options
mammakisses
mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
So I have gotten used to having red wine on friday and saturday, and I was wondering if anyone had some non alcoholic drinks ideas that are soo tasty that I wouldn't miss the wine soo much. Any ideas? I like to make the weekend feel special. Thanks

Replies

• BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love red wine too... maybe just do it on saturday? make a meal of it where you treat yourself. idk tho... i can't cut out red wine but... i'm still losing... if its about weight loss .. if its just about trying to become someone who doesn't drink maybe cranberry juice?
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    When my sister was quitting wine, she started drinking mineral water. She loves the Trader Joe's mineral water, but I drink Perrier since I don't have a Trader Joe's where I live. It's worth a shot.
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    I gave up my zinfandel and margaritas....alcohol isnt metabolized the same way and is two times as difficult to burn off calorie for calorie...but I loved my occasional cocktail and a glass of wine with dinner....

At 500 calories each for margaritas...it wasnt worth it...

Now I make non-alcoholic pina coladas and strawberry coladas with 100 fruit juice and real strawberries...Still it isnt quite the same.
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A 4 oz glass of red wine is 120 calories. If I know I am going out or having a drink, I work it into my calorie intake for the day. Sip the wine slowly, and you will not miss the quantity. I love red wine, but have managed to give it up most of the time. But when I am out for a very nice dinner, I drink a glass or two.
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Also, Applebees has a skinny margerita and a skinny mojito that are 100 calories each. You can also buy Skinny Girl margerita mix that is low calorie.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was never a wine drinker, but I do love fruit flavored alcoholic beverages. The best part is that I can make them to taste almost the same WITHOUT the alcohol.

I make smoothies with strawberries, light OJ and banana.
  • RiverRatMom
    RiverRatMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a red wine lover too but health issues along with weight gain have force changes. How about virgin bloody mary's? Low calorie and you get veggies. I like Mr & Mrs T's mix over ice and add lime juice or juice from the 'tamed jalepano' jar to zip up the flavor. The formula for the regular Mr & Mrs T's mix was changed and I no longer drink it. The Premium Mr & Mrs T's blend is best. Occasionally I'll put a half punce of vodka or gin in it, but 99% of the time, drink just the mix. A few times a week I closely measure and drink only 4 oz of red wine. It is better than going totally without. I have searched the web and can't find other low cal, healthy alternatives that don't involve water and carbination. The search continues....
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    not sure if you have them whwere you are but there are vodka cruisers they make a sugar free version in quite a few flavours. I too like red wine but havent added it back in yet as I have only just started out on my journey and need to see how I go first
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    How about trying to dilute it with something to make a spritzer instead? I'm trying to eliminate alcohol too or at least not drink the "sweet" drinks or beer. I've been drinking a glass of wine or vodka/tequila/whiskey instead. Those are "sipping" drinks and I don't drink them as fast as mixed. I alternate my alcohol with a glass of water to slow things down even more and that has helped too.
  • Marli13
    Marli13 Posts: 23
    Options
    There are sugar free vodka raspberry cruisers at 62 calories each. Poured over ice it is a refreshing change to wine. Buoild it into your calories though...:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • buckywaters
    Options
    I just posted this in the "sweet tooth" thread:

When my sweet tooth starts nagging me, I make an all-fruit smoothie! Sounds silly, but if you pour it into a martini glass, it feels really decadent. :)

Here's a recipe for my favorite low-cal kind (Serves one):

• 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
    • 1/4 cup chopped banana (I like to keep frozen chopped banana pre-measured in my freezer, but un-frozen works just as well)
    • 1 1/4 cups orange juice (I like lots of pulp for smoothies)

Blend in a blender, and enjoy! :) This generously-sized smoothie is only about 200 calories.
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    hmmm...wonder where those raspberry cruisers are available?