does anyone use www.bodyrock.tv ?

Options
abra526
abra526 Posts: 213 Member
A friend of mine on facebook told me about this website www.bodyrock.tv today. It is full of workout and fitness videos and nutrition tips. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but i've browsed around the site, and best of all, all the videos are free!

Replies

• jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love it!! You can modify the exercises to your own level. The positive, supportive attitude of the bloggers and the daily updates and new challenges are really motivating. It's my favorite form of exercise now!! I hope you enjoy it!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome, I'll have to check it out! Thanks :)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I love bodyrock! One of my MFP pals does the workouts with me. I'm already pretty busy, workout-wise (training for a half marathon and doing P90X lean) but I try to squeeze bodyrock in as much as possible. I love Zuzana.
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing website! Thank you so, so much for posting it..i've just spent an hour on it already lol :D
  • ickybella
    Options
    We could keep this thread going, post when we do the workouts, how many reps of each thing we did, or how long it took us, challenge each other to older workouts. That would be fun!
  • LegalBeagleJCK
    LegalBeagleJCK Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank for sharing this - the site looks helpful.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Zuzanna is such a fantastic role model, I love her! Her exercises are so difficult for me but I try my best and feel awesome when I finish! (even if I finish with a terrible time)
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    I have just started doing some of their workouts and I LOVE them! Zuzanna's workouts are really tough, but so awesome!
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the awesome response, guys! Now, I really can't wait to get started with it!
  • sarah44254
    Options
    I started following her site in november 09, and have been watching it every week or so since. Only very recently have I actually tried to do the workouts.

Just seeing how amazing her body is compared to 2 years ago (she was amazing then, too!) really invigorates me.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Love, Love, Love Bodyrock.tv!!!! Her workouts are Brutal but i Love it!!!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I also love the site, and you can adapt the workouts for different levels of fitness... the workouts as they are are brutal! She usually posts the new schedule on a Monday (Sunday is usually a rest day) but they are in LA at the moment so they didn't really update during the week. The videos are great for showing exactly what to do. As there was no new workout listed today I am going to do an older exercise challenge.
    As said above, the support of the bodyrockers in the comments is very special, it is a great site!
  • ickybella
    Options
    I did this one today: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/03/01/counter-strike-fat-workout-beating-our-scores/. It's rough. I only managed 27, I think. I was really sweating by the end! Burned 134 calories in a pretty short period of time.
  • penne356
    penne356 Posts: 95
    Options
    I have been checking out the website for a while but a bit hesitant from trying them - don't know why :/
    Those of you who are doing Bodyrock workouts, what results have you seen?
  • jbeans67
    jbeans67 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, the workouts look great!
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have also been thinking of trying these workouts. For those of you who do these, did you buy the interval timer, sand bag etc. or are you using other items.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I bought the interval timer which I LOVE but I refuse to pay that much money for a sandbag! I use either weights or just modify the exercise. I definitely feel my strengh improving, and I feel great after the workouts. I was following the site for about a month or two before ı actually committed to doing the workouts... not sure what I was waiting for!?
    The interval timer is well worth it, and I highly recommend trying out the workouts... don't be afraid to modify them and build up, as they are really hard, but you get a great workout and it is free...
  • sarah44254
    Options
    I bought the interval timer, I think it was less than 20 bucks. I use it while running as well as during bodyrock exercises. I haven't seen anything happen to my body yet because the few months I did the exercises I ate like crap, so of course nothing happened. I've only done a weeks worth or so just recently, and I'm eating well... so hopefully by summer something will happen.

Something amaaaaaaazing :) hehe
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use http://www.online-stopwatch.com/interval-timer/ for my interval timer and weights for the sandbag. I had a pull-up bar already, but we have recently invested in the dip station--we're about to move out of our apartment and lose our free gym, so we wanted to have some basics at home. I also got a jump rope (which I'm sure my downstairs apartment neighbor appreciates :D) and have been surprised by how effective that is.

My schedule has been pretty workout-unfriendly lately, but even just doing it a few days a week, I really saw results and felt much stronger. I had a several comments on how much leaner I look (even though I hadn't lost much on the scale). I just think it's a great philosophy to really use and challenge your body instead of just hopping on the treadmill (no offense to treadmills--I use them quite a bit as well!). Anyway, I love it. I've been sick and am soooooo excited to get started again tomorrow!!!!!!