C h e e s e . . .

Options
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhpzxz5aoK1qhqzw1o1_500.png <-- Picture of my rice.

C H E E S E . . .

Okay. If you're like me, and LOVE cheese, you'll understand this post.

As stated, I love cheese. I just do, I'm sorry. Sue me. And doing this WLLC [weight loss lifestyle change.] I have to watch my caloric intake/calcium intake with cheese.
So I try to limit myself to 2-3 times a week with it. But this concoction, mmmmmh.

What it is, is white rice. 1/4 cup dried, some calorie free butter, and cheese. It is the tastiest thing, and its only 280 calories!

I hate trying new foods, again, sorry, that's just how I am. I liked my sugary, startchy, bad, junk food for years, its hard to deviate away from that. So I'm teaching myself. Now with the rice, first I tried Rice-a-Roni Creamy Four Cheese. But that was SO high in fat and sodium I couldn't stand it more than twice.

So I decided to try it for myself, and wow!

I'm giving the exact food brands I use. And it may seem weird to you but I'm telling you if you like warm gooey cheese, its like Rice Macaroni and Cheese.

Ingredients:
- 1/4 Cup Dried Mahatma Enrinched Long Grain White Rice [150 calories]
- 3 Tablespoons Frito's Mild Cheddar Cheese Dip [75 calories]
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray [5 Sprays - 0 Calories]
- 1/8 Cup Great Value - Finely Shredded Taco Cheese Blend [Optional] [55 Calories]

How to Prepare:
- In bowl, combine 1/4 Cup Dried Rice with 5 sprays of ICBINB Spray. Microwave on High for 1 minute. Stir.
- Add 1/2 Cup water. Microwave for 7 1/2 - 8 minutes. Stir.
- Microwave Frito Cheddar Dip for 1 minute, add 3 Tablespoons [2 If You Prefer Less Cheese] and combine with Shredded Cheese [Optional]. Stir and serve.

Makes: 1 Cup Prepared.

Replies

• skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yumm (:
    I'm going to do it with queso insted.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I am also a cheese fanatic!!! I could put it on just about anything!! As the saying goes, "Everything's better with cheddar!" I also am wary about trying new foods, but his recipe sound delish! I bet it would be good with a little broccoli in it too!! Thanks for the heads-up!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Have you read the ingredient list for the Fritos cheese dip and the butter spray? They are not healthy at all (full of chemicals, preservatives and lots of other stuff that cant be pronounced). Look at the sodium in the cheese dip too. Do you think it would work with brown rice and just the great value cheese? A lot of people (on here at least) don't eat white rice or processed foods like cheese dip and butter spray. Actually, studies have shown that real butter in moderation (only 1 tbs. a day) is better than margarine or butter replacements. Some margarines are only one ingredient away from having the same chemical make up as plastic. I about died when I found that out! Calories are not the only thing bad in foods. Carbohydrates and sodium are important too. I'm not trying to be critical. It sounds like a yummy recipe (and I am sure it is lower in sodium and calories than the Rice mac n cheese). I am a cheese lover too!! I like the great value fiesta blend the best.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing. I love cheese, and rissotto, but I have made the switch to brown rice.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Try laughing cow cheese.....I won't eat regular cheese ever again:)And have switch brown rice also..
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Cheese is my absolute favorite food, and my weakness because it pairs oh-so-nicely with junk food. I'm going to try this. Thanks.
  • highvoltagequeen
    Options
    Well. I'm still losing weight, within all my limits of carbs, sugars, proteins, sodium, etc. I'm doing what tastes good and feels good to me. Im not too worried about processed butter and cheese vs something that could be totally worse. C'est la vie. I'm young and enjoying my new eating habits. I'm not striving for perfection or all natural stuff by any means. Whats good is good is for every individual. Doesn't mean I'm not going to share what I find tastey. :laugh: