go-to quick meal during the week?

Options
humblemonkey
humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
Hey- just trying to get some new ideas for quick meals that only take a couple minutes on busy days. Usually, I cook up either a Boca burger (american grillers) with a slice of pepperjack cheese...and a salad. or a morningstar chick'n patty with a fat free american cheese single and a splash of bbq sauce...and a salad. (i dont like dressing, so I figure the calories in cheese make up for the calories most people take in with dressing. haha...)

Replies

• otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Make a tortilla pizza!

Take 1 high fiber whole wheat tortilla, topwith 1/4 cup marinara (I like Prego's garden combo) and top with veggies, canned or fresh, and mozzarella. THe whole pizza works out to be about 345 calories, and you can eat the whole thing! Totally filling!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    get a rotisserie chicken from the store...take off all the skin, of course. Shred and put in a whole wheat tortilla with a little fat free shredded cheddar, low fat sour cream and salsa.
  • calvarado
    calvarado Posts: 72
    Options
    my go-to is quick and easy- and I have varied it soo many ways, it's almost laughable! We're a very busy young family- so it's gotta be quick, yummy, and healthy. I use cooked whole wheat farfalle pasta, a turkey polska kielbasa sausage ( or whatever I have- I stock up when on sale although chicken and turkey are our faves) and then stir fry any veggies- usually asparagus, zuchinni, squash, bell peppers, onion, carrots with some red pepper and pressed garlic, and then toss it all with a drizzle of EVOO and a little fresh parmesan. It's a one pot wonder that my family loves- sometimes the only time our house is quiet! lol
  • Haleynb818
    Options
    Turkey burgers cooked on my George Foreman grill! Add fresh onions, ketchup, and a slice of reduced fat Kraft cheese...
    Yum!!
  • calvarado
    Options
    and if it's just me eating- a late night where I've had big workout of pilates and then dance or something.. I make a huge salad, open a packet of the flavored tuna pouches ( lemon garlic or sweet and spicy), some avacado, lemon juice and EVOO. I kind of do that one quite a bit- quick and easy though!
  • calvarado
    Options
    bump- I need more go-to's!!
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    my go-to is quick and easy- and I have varied it soo many ways, it's almost laughable! We're a very busy young family- so it's gotta be quick, yummy, and healthy. I use cooked whole wheat farfalle pasta, a turkey polska kielbasa sausage ( or whatever I have- I stock up when on sale although chicken and turkey are our faves) and then stir fry any veggies- usually asparagus, zuchinni, squash, bell peppers, onion, carrots with some red pepper and pressed garlic, and then toss it all with a drizzle of EVOO and a little fresh parmesan. It's a one pot wonder that my family loves- sometimes the only time our house is quiet! lol
    that sounds absolutely delicious!! and something my husband might actually like! (I LOVE health food and am not a big meat eater...i do enjoy the OCCASIONAL steak or some chicken here and there...and i do like fish...but he is the opposite. LOVES snacks and LOVES meat and potatoes. thanks for the ideas!!
  • TerraLee13
    TerraLee13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My go to meal is always strifry (but not the prepared veg packet) I used either chicken or prawns,
    chop up some mushrooms, onioins, red & green peppers, some broccoli and baby corn, stury fry that in a fry light spray then add the meat and usually a blue dragon stiry fry sauce, whole thing takes mayvbe 15 mins :-)
    xx