Really bad day yesterday

Options
ok yesterday i had a REALLY bad day. im too ashamed to even put what i ate.
I am a comfort eater and yesterday i was very upset and stressed so i ate loads!
i feel like its really going to stop me from loosing any weight this week!
any advice??

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Dont worry about it. Its one week. Just hop back on the wagon tomorrow, let go of what you did and keep focused on your overall goal. Its ok..its really ok.
  • booboocraig
    Options
    Sharnie ...that was yesterday ....so forget it and move on to a more positive day today :)
  • elizabethx
    Options
    The last few weeks have been the worst for me, More than one occasion I binged and comfort ate, like more than double my daily goal :( So i know what you are feeling.. But you just have to tell yourself "Okay, I've done this, It may affect my loss, How can I learn from it?" We're Human and we are prone to making mistakes. I used to diet and I'd have a bad day or i'd eat a cookie or something and that would cause me to give up all together... But this time the difference is i've learnt that through the mistakes, if you just keep going the next day and getting on with the diet and exercise, you'll keep seeing results, big or small. Even if you find your scale does stay the same this week, dont focus so much on that. Just keep going and by the next week you'll probably see a loss.
  • darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Options
    Hey, don't beat yourself up about it...just draw a line under it and start afresh today. x
  • sconns21
    sconns21 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. I have done it recently and I gained a pound or two but I had lost them again by the end of the week. You may gain a pound or two or plateau for the week but hey it's only 1 week. There is plenty of time and I wouldn't worry about it. If you beat yourself up about it and make yourself guilty you will put yourself into a comfort eating mood again.
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about it to much!! It was one day!!

You realise what you've done!!
    Dust yourself off and think of today
    Good luck with your journey
    V xx:smile:
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    We all have bad days, they are part of life. Not entering the food you ate in your food diary isn't going to change the fact that you ate it. I say write it ALL down anyway so that when you have lost more weight you can look back and see that even though everyday is not perfect, you are still able to make progress towards your goal. My theory is there should be no regrets in life, just lessons learned.
  • sarahanne40
    sarahanne40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days, they are part of life. Not entering the food you ate in your food diary isn't going to change the fact that you ate it. I say write it ALL down anyway so that when you have lost more weight you can look back and see that even though everyday is not perfect, you are still able to make progress towards your goal. My theory is there should be no regrets in life, just lessons learned.

Agreed, even on your worst day not writing it down is not going to make the calories magically disappear. We all have bad days, mine are normally planned, lol, and I have to force myself to be honest in my diary (parties, dinner out etc). At the end of the day I'm not here to impress anyone with how much I can stay on track, I do it for myself, and I don't expect anyone on MFP to judge me because of one slip - none of us would be here if we were perfectly able to maintain a goal weight without food logging and the support that this network brings. I keep a diary to resolve where I can save calories and keep an eye on what goes in my mouth (without a diary I tend to drastically underestimate everything!) - so being honest with myself (on the diary) is very important. I bet you will find that the other days this week when you have been on track, you will even out that one bad day! Chin up today, diary everything and don't let this one day ruin all your hard work so far. Good Luck today - and I hope that whatever is causing your stress/emtotional eating is better today.
  • smessom32
    smessom32 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Quote that I use in this situation

"If you slip up, get over it and move on"

Don't stress and worry about it or you will end up out of control and keep eating and the wrong kinds of food.

Get back on track as soon as possible and stay positive.
  • smessom32
    Options
  • smessom32
    Options
  • rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i was the same yesterday too, dont worry, It happens to all, i just need someone to give me a kick up the A*** today!!

Forget yesterday now hun, its done nothing you can do about it now!! Just look forward again now!!
  • sharnie_007
    Options
    Thankyou all for your beautiful words!!! this was really a motivational topic for me... im off to aqua aerobics now to make myself feel better! thanks :)