Low GI and PCOS anyone?

Options
ondjima
ondjima Posts: 27 Member
I was diagnosed with PCOS yesterday, and told to go on a low GI diet. There is so much info out there, my head is spinning. Anyone here on a low GI diet?

Replies

• forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and I have found that a low GI diet seems to be a good way of losing weight and even seems to regulate my never regular friends some. Most of the time I don't do low GI and still have pretty good wieght loss but not everyone is that fortunate. One thing that I do is give up pop, sweet juice, white bread and sugar.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I didn't find the number on the scale any difference then with out it. I did notice a big difference the week I tried low carb. Everyone has their own opinion as to what you should do. Some believe low carb is the key while other people believe it doesn't matter how many carbs you consume as long as they are low GI carbs. Despite all of the strong arguments you are going to get for both sides, you need to try both and see what happens. Now low carb doesn't mean you have to do Atkins low. Start with low GI first and see if that helps, if not cut back on your carbs.
  • ondjima
    ondjima Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think for now I will try low GI, and see where that goes. I will miss potatoes terribly though.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Try sweet potato, They don't taste the exact same but they are still pretty good.