Hi there!

Options
chepai
chepai Posts: 7 Member
I've started using fitness pal a few weeks ago, but not as diligently as I need to.

I'm nervous about being held accountable to what I eat, however it's time.

Cheryl

Replies

• BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You won't be sorry. We're here to encourage you not bring condemnation on you. If you have an open diary,and if you can't figure out why you might be gaining,then we can help you. I got myself in trouble a few wks ago and I was helped and it worked. Just saying...
    BTW Welcome aboard:)
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    If you truly want success in this accountability is the only way to make that happen. I found that accountability to being truthful with myself in what goes into my mouth was the hardest and first step to making weight loss happen. I can see just from doing this why I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life. Best wishes to you in this journey. The pains of being accountable will be well worth it in the growth and progress you will receive. The shed pounds will be an even greater joy as a result of it.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Good for you Cheryl,

The trick is to enjoy it and dont see it as some kind of trial.You will soon get into a routine with the logging of your food and you will find that on occasions you will be thinking up ingenious ways,juust to ensure that you actually eat enough..lol.You will get loads of support and there wont be any situation that someone on here hasnt faced and beaten.Enjoy the exercise that you do so that you will be encouraged to repeat again and again,if you can, get outside for exercise so that you can benefit from the sun and fresh air,its so great for your morale.Good luck with all that you want to achieve and best wishes.
  • Cbellphotos
    Options
    I just started here too! The nice thing is that there is someone here 24/7.... Just in case. You never know who will comment, kinda like fishing... But at least there is a person that needs or wants to get rid of weight listening to you! Someone has " been there done that" And you can get strength or laugh!
  • chepai
    chepai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcomes! I really appreciate knowing I'm not alone. I've usually tried losing weight alone, but this time, it needs to be done differently. Glad I made the decision.