Lunch Ideas

Options
This probably gets posted a lot, but I am currently struggling to get ideas for lunch. I don't have much of an appetite since I decreased my food intake, so I am looking for something that is small but keeps me going for most of the day up til my evening meal. I sit at my desk at work for lunch and don't work near any supermarkets so I will need to make up my lunch at home and bring it to work. It would be good to hear some suggestions from you like the kind of things you have. Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I often have a jacket potato really flexible as you can choose from loads of fillings and it keeps me full for ages !!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm also running out of easy lunch options to grab to take to work everyday...
  • gwainwright
    gwainwright Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat soup for lunch, its great if you can get as many veggies as possible as it will keep you fuller for longer.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have lunch at my desk too. I usually have either:

- mini pot reduced fat houmous, a couple of ryvita and a low fat cup soup
    - homemade vegetable soup with reduced fat bread (WW or Nimble)
    - a homemade salad
    - small tin of tuna with peppers/sweetcorn mixed through and a pitta bread.

C
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i take leftovers from dinner

also this helps me not overeat at dinnertime
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, they sound great so far! :flowerforyou:
  • MelissaG36
    Options
    I am not a big lunch eater either, in fact not much for breakfast too. But now since starting on here Ive been eating 5 times a day (3 meals, 2 snacks) & I stay pretty satisfied :O) For lunch I will either have soup, salads, meal replacement bars, or a Slimfast shake or meal bar. Hope this helps :O)
  • angel2296
    angel2296 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Do you have a microwave accessible? The Weight Watchers' meals are great! I LOVE the Broccoli Cheddar Potatoes and the Three Cheese Ziti Marinara........my 5 year old often "steals" them from me! If she will eat it, you know it tastes good!! ; )
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    I'm a desk eater too - I make up a salad flatbread wrap every morning - doesn't take long - it doesn't get too boring as I can change some of the ingredients depending on what's in the fridge. (see my diary if you want its open) the fruit cereal bar and cheese are for snacks during the day - the rest all goes in the wrap>

I use Discovery wholemeal wrapbread from Sainsbury's nice soft and tasty.

J
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I try to do low calorie lunches as my dinner tends to be the highest calorie meal of the day.

A salad is very low cal and fills me up
    Veggie wrap or pita, or add some turkey or chicken
    turkey bacon BLT on sandwich flats or wrap
    On days I am not really hungry at lunch, a Greek yogurt and banana suffice
    Soup is filling and very low calorie since it is mostly water (veggie soup is my fav)
    Make a batch of turkey chili, then freeze into individual portions. Good for a grab and go.
    Egg sandwich (made w/microwave and toaster at work)

There are only two in my house, so dinner leftovers get a lot of re-purposing as lunch.
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My lunch for today:

CHICKEN CAESAR WRAP
    Weight watchers Tortilla 90 cals
    Blue menu Chicken Skewer 35 cals
    Romain lettuce
    caesar dressing 35 cals

1c Strawberries
    1c Cucumbers

I prepare it in the morning at home and bring it to work. My whole lunch is around 200 calories and I'm full and satisfied!

I also bring a snack to keep my tied over till dinner, Usually a kashi bar but lately a Sunbutters bar. Both around 140cals. The sunbutters bar is much more satisfying than the kashi bar.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I always tend to weigh out 100g of decent dried noodle, which take just 4 mins to cook. Strain, cool with cold water and add what ever I fancy - normally dried or fresh herbs, low fat dressing etc. Put in box, give it a shake to mix up and then have a great time twizzling the fork at work. May be a little high in carbs, by I commute by bike so burn then off really quickly. 360 cals for a main meal
  • achojnacki
    achojnacki Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For days where I am stressed for time. I throw a 100 cal whole grain tortilla, light string cheese, and either frozen homemade tomato soup, or low sodium tomato soup like amy's naturals brand.

Come lunch time I heat up the soup, and melt the cheese onto the tortilla in a microwave or toaster oven. Simple and filling.
  • mara232
    mara232 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Low fat re-fried beans with tomatoes/salsa and a tiny bit of light cheese on corn tortilla. I sometimes use light Greek yogurt as my sour cream. I make a quesadilla the night before and then just heat for lunch. Yum! Also egg salad sandwich - I love the Tosca Reno's recipe - you use one egg and the 2 egg whites with mustard. I put on thinner sliced pieces of toast with broccoli sprouts. So yum!! You can also make clean guacamole (avocado, cilantro, lime and red onions) and some home made pita chips. The good fats (avocado) are good for you.
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, much appreciated!! I have printed this off so I can look at this and get some inspiration!
  • lolly933
    lolly933 Posts: 2
    Options
    have you tried wholegrain rice? i had it today with some tuna, salad & mayo, but you can near enough throw anything in, chicken cooked meats! soups are a good lunch too x
  • Lisabackontrack
    Options
    I sit at my desk and eat lunch also. Usually I make a salad the night before and put lots of veggies in it. I make pita pocket sandwiches loaded with veggies. Tuna and wheat crackers is good too. Hummus and peppers/celery/carrots. I almost always have a salad. I change the types of veggies I put in them and use different dressings to change it up some.

I hope this helps. :smile: