A good first week

Options
debzwill
debzwill Posts: 169 Member
Hello,
I have just completed my first week and lost 4lb. It's the most I have ever lost in a week so I'm over the moon.
I have been struggling with my weight since quitting smoking almost 3 years ago.
I usedt to be able to control my weight by having a ciggie, now I struggle to control my sweet tooth!

Replies

• MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 4 pounds is GREAT! I too quit smoking. (5/1/2009) and packed on the pounds since. Sucks cuz I was under 100 pounds like for my whole life until then! Oh well! At least I can now say I am a NON SMOKER! Climbing the weight loss mountain now! We can climb it together if ya wanna add me. Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I too am a reformed smoker 3 and a half years now been trying on and off to gain control of the weight which ran away with me. As of today tuesday 8th may 2011 I have just got to my last Known smoking weight so it can be done :-) now to loose the remaining 30 or so pounds
  • darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Options
    That's brilliant, well done!
  • kao1970
    kao1970 Posts: 22
    Options
    way too go kepp it up

live,laught love
  • Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    Options
    Well done Deb - didn't I tell you this was a great site :)
  • debzwill
    Options
    You certainly did and you were right!!!!! Thank you xx
  • debzwill
    Options
    Thank you for your encouragement, it means a lot.
  • debzwill
    Options
    Thank you so much. Very much appreciated
  • debzwill
    Options
    Thank you. Well done to you too my fellow non smoker! Keep up the good work, we will get there
  • debzwill
    Options
    Well done so far. C'mon you can do it! Not long to go now.
  • memissi
    memissi Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Missi and just joined today.
    I am a stay at home mom with a 2 year old daughter. I have always been heavy, but this is certainly the heaviest I've ever been. I have fallin into a depression about it and physically have no energy to get off my duff and get moving. So I have decided to start with a change in my eating habits. I'm trying to stay around 1200 calories a day, drink lots of water, and slowly trying to get on the exercise bike but I'm only able to do it for like 5 minutes. Then to add to my troubles I am currently a smoker and have been for 25 years. I want to quit this bad habit along with the dieting....am I nuts? But I feel I will never beable to get active if I can't breath, lol!! So I am trying to do both. I am 42 years old and I wanna be around to see my daughter graduate and get married. She is my only child....she is my gift from God, I prayed a long time to be a Mommy and I sure don't wanna cut it short with my stupidity.

So with having said that, I am trying to use this site to track my calories. I did start by writing everything down as I eat it, but this might be better to come here. I started yesterday....and I was able to stay under the 1200 calorie goal I set, but I have to admit I was really hungry at bedtime. But I made it threw without haivng to go find a snack!! Today seems to be going some better, we'll see about tonight.

Thanks, Missi
  • debzwill
    Options
    Hi Missi,
    Welcome. Have you tried joining a quit smoking group? Thats what I did and after smoking for over 30 years & lots of failed attempts it worked! The doctor prescribed a pill which I had to take daily & I was monitored while on that for 3 months. Doing both is hard, maybe its best to do one at a time but if you think you can do both we are all here to help you along the way. Just small steps at a time & mini goals.
    Keep reminding yourself why you want to give up smoking & lose weight.
    YOU CAN DO IT. Happy for you to add me as a friend if you would like