Treadmill

Options
Hi there just wondering if anyone no's how to work out calories burned on a treadmill eg:- incline x age etc, want to check that my treadmill is telling me the truth when i work out thanks.

Replies

• jerseygeorge
    Options
    I have an older treadmill at home that displays calories, and does have a setting for my weight. I also use newer treadmills in Hotel Gyms all the time, that receive my Polar heart rate signal. As you can tell I also use a heart rate monitor.

At the end of a workout, all three methods are close on calorie burn. Typically within 10%. If a 30 minute workout burns 300 calories, my HR monitor and the treadmill are always within 20-30 cals of each other. That is close enough for me.

I think it is important to know how many cal's you burn, but from day to day you need a good comparison also.

So I think I am saying, your treadmill is probably close. But even if it is off it should offer a good comparison of how hard you work from day to day, workout to workout. If it says you burned 250 yesterday, and you did 300 today, you know you worked harder.

And remember, for $100 bucks, less on ebay, you can get a good Heart Rate monitor. Lots of success!