HUNGRY!

Options
Hello! I just started today and this website looks really cool. I am a SAHM with a 2 1/2 yr. old son. I joined b/c my appetite is a bit out of control. Being at home all day makes me want to eat, eat , eat! I breastfed my son for his first year and no matter how much I ate i seemed to lose weight. I was 10 pounds lighter then before I got pregnant. Once he weaned I began to gain weight b/c I was used to eating however I wanted. Oh well, I am currently listening to Barney singing about how his tummy says "yummy", no wonder I'm so hungry! ha ha:smile:

Replies

• csydow
    csydow Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello! I just started today and this website looks really cool. I am a SAHM with a 2 1/2 yr. old son. I joined b/c my appetite is a bit out of control. Being at home all day makes me want to eat, eat , eat! I breastfed my son for his first year and no matter how much I ate i seemed to lose weight. I was 10 pounds lighter then before I got pregnant. Once he weaned I began to gain weight b/c I was used to eating however I wanted. Oh well, I am currently listening to Barney singing about how his tummy says "yummy", no wonder I'm so hungry! ha ha:smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you. You should join in on the post My user name offensive????
    We are all singing kid songs.
    Again, Welcome and good luck to you.:flowerforyou:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Breastfeeding helps you loose weight...it was my best weightloss program EVER both children!

Anyway welocme and good luck :happy:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Plan your meal times and don't allow yourself to eat except for those times and fill up on water in between and eventually your body will get used to its new "feeding" times. It will only take about a week or 10 days for your body to adjust. In the meantime fill up on high fiber foods, they take longer to digest therefore you stay fuller longer.
  • csydow
    csydow Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome & advise!!
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I was the exact same way! When I breastfed the weight fell off, but once he weaned WHAM...gained 20 lbs LOL
    Hoping to lose it!
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    Breastfeeding helps you loose weight...it was my best weightloss program EVER both children!

Gees this is good to know!:bigsmile:

......oh and welcome:flowerforyou:
  • mitstac17
    mitstac17 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome...try drinking lots of water. Sometimes I think I am hungry too but once I drink 16oz. of water I am no longer dying to eat a cookie. Plus, what works for me is eating food that has higher protein. It keeps me fuller longer. Good Luck!!!
  • anouka
    anouka Posts: 5
    Options
    I wonder if you're not really hungry, you're just bored? restless? were you bored when you ate whatever you felt like eating when you were breastfeeding? you probably just need a lifestyle change, and that will take care of some of the eating. i'm glad you're here, this site appears to really work.

particularly if you have saboteurs at home (I used to have one; when I was attending Weight Watchers' meetings, he would bring home cakes and cookies and candies... he was trying to be nice, except that it wasn't. I don't think he realizes even now what was happening) -- everyone in the household has to respect what the someone like you is trying to accomplish. When that's not possible, that's where friends here come in. I'm hoping

anyway, good luck to you in reaching your goals. :flowerforyou: