Hawaiian Chicken over Coconut Jasmine Rice

Options
This recipe was sooooo AMAZING, I would even serve this to company!!! I marinaded the chicken breasts in a teriyaki sauce also which gave it another level of flavor all together! Who needs to go out when you can make this at home! AWESOME...trust me! Just be sure to go easy on the rice! :wink: -Janell

Hawaiian Chicken

2 cups water
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 ½ TBSP canola oil cooking spray
1 ½ cups finely chopped fresh pineapple
1 ½ tsp minced jalapeno pepper
1 TBSP fresh lime juice
½ tsp salt, divided
4 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions:
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a large nonstick skillet. Add cilantro; cook 15 seconds. Drain & plunge cilantro leaves into ice water. Drain and squeeze dry. Finely chop cilantro leaves; place in a small bowl. Add oil, stirring with a whisk.

2. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add jalapeno, and cook 1 minute or until soft. Add pineapple; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice, 1 TBSP cilantro oil, and ¼ tsp salt.

3. Prepare grill.

4. Sprinkle chicken with remaining ¼ tsp salt; brush evenly with remaining cilantro mixture. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3-4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve chicken with pineapple salsa.
Points Value: 6

YIELD: 4 Servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast and ¼ cup pineapple salsa.
Per Serving: CAL 264: FAT 7.5g: CARB 7.9g: FIB 1g

Coconut Jasmine Rice

2 cups Thai jasmine-scented white rice
2 cups coconut milk
1 3/4 cups water
1 tsp. sugar

Spray pot with PAM. Place rice, coconut milk, water, and salt in the pot. Place pot on the stove over medium to high heat. Stir well. Add the sugar. Continue to stir occasionally until the coconut milk and water come to a gentle boil.

Once the coconut-water has begun to gently bubble, stop stirring and turn down the heat to medium-low. Place lid askew on the pot, allowing some of the steam to escape. Cook in this way for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed all (or nearly all) of the coconut-water.

Now turn off the heat, but leave the pot on the burner. Cover the pot tightly with the lid and allow to rest 10 minutes, or until you are ready to eat. When ready to serve, remove the lid and "fluff" rice with a fork.

Replies