Logging Davina's dvds?

Options
This is probably a question more for the UK members, as others might not have a clue who im talking about! :laugh:

I have all of Davina's dvds, and do them on rotation, so im wondering what i should log them as?

I was thinking Aerobics for her 3 30min workouts and High Energy Five, maybe circuit training for her SuperBody Sculpt? Aerobics again for her Super Fit?
Then theres Davina Fit and Davina Buff, which have aerobics sections and strength training, so i would have to log each section separately?
What would squats/lunges/bicep curls/shoulder press/ab work come under?

Oh its so confusing....:)

Any help would be great, there must be a few more of you using her dvds, cos they are pretty awesome!!

Replies

• tweety_montana
    tweety_montana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Kitty,

First - can you burn me a copy of all of those DVDs lol - you are well dedicated. To be honest I haven't seen any of her dvds yet.

I recently bought the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred - and just started.

Some trainers suggest try not to work out with the same muscle group in the same week but rotate them. Ie one day just legs, second bicep etc. Also bare in mind to tone up quick, first we need to loose the fat (hahaha I got plenty to loose)

squats/lunges/bicep curls/shoulder press/ab - would come under Strenth in our diary.

Hope this helps.
  • Caz_Mnaz
    Caz_Mnaz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ahhhh another Davina fan! I love her DVDs!! Sadly i only have high energy 5 and body buff, but I plan to get superbody as my next one. only been using them since the autumn really.

I'm afraid I couldn't be bothered to sit and put much thought into what to put them under, so i jsut stick to

Cardio buff/boxing buff and aerobics HE5/boxing HE5- as 'high impact aerobics'
    I then put the leg/arms sections as aerobics general (although the leg sections sometimes make me as tired as the cardio!) I used to put every single lunge and arm rep down but it took too long and I was normally in a hurry so now don't bother.

And for the warmups and cool downs I use as low impact aerobics and the 5min stretch. Never really known what to put for abs! As the only situp thing to enter here is stomach crunches vigarous, which I think may be a bit OTT.

and the ARE awesome haha. I follow my life according to Davina..... :happy:
  • maxmum
    maxmum Posts: 12
    Options
    Another Davina fan here!

I have them all, Superbody is the best in my opinion.

I usually just log them as 20 mins aerobics for a 30 min session, 30 min aerobics for a 40 min session, and log Pump under 15 mins 'strength training' and 15 mins 'aerobics'.

I tend to log less than I actually do as I am small framed and 10 lb off my target weight, and got a sports watch which gives a true reading of heart rate and how many calories you are REALLY burning. I find the calories that are on the exercises on this website overestimate the amount of calories I actually burn.
  • Cherrychapstick76
    Cherrychapstick76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all that, its a great help. :flowerforyou:
  • tweety_montana
    tweety_montana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Another Davina fan here!

I have them all, Superbody is the best in my opinion.

I usually just log them as 20 mins aerobics for a 30 min session, 30 min aerobics for a 40 min session, and log Pump under 15 mins 'strength training' and 15 mins 'aerobics'.

I tend to log less than I actually do as I am small framed and 10 lb off my target weight, and got a sports watch which gives a true reading of heart rate and how many calories you are REALLY burning. I find the calories that are on the exercises on this website overestimate the amount of calories I actually burn.

Hi,

Can you give me advice regarding the sport watch that you bought? As I really want to get one to get a true reading of calories actually burned.

Thanks.
  • maxmum
    maxmum Posts: 12
    Options
    Yes sure, I bought the Garmin FR60, I got a decent deal on amazon the watch, chest strap heart rate monitor, footpod and USB stick to wirelessly tranfer all the info onto my pc for £99.

Be aware that to get accurate calorie burning reading you need to program the watch eith all your details like weight, hieght age, fitness level and then it only really works in conjunction with the footpod and heart rate monitor, so when running or walking really.... but is still great to monitor heart rate zones when kickboxing / doing aerobics to ensure you are in the best heart rate zone for fat burning.

It is interesting because as a woman and fairly short (5 foot 5 inches) you burn a lot less than most machines and websites tell you that you are burning. I think a lot of people overestimate the amount of calories they burn when running and exercising, which obviously will have a knock on effect if you are eating those calories back.
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    slightly off topic, I'm doing the 30 day shred (at level two at the moment) what should I log it in as, I have been logging it as Aerobics general, but im not sure if that's right.
  • Jaxta65
    Jaxta65 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I know this is really old, but when I did 30 DS I logged it as circuit training.
  • julez4774
    julez4774 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i been doing davinas fit in 15 i made excercise calledc same i use hrm watch log calories i burned while doing that dvd because didnt want to split it
  • luciawright1
    Options
    Hi how many calories do you thinkyou burn for the full DVD of fit in 15? Many thanks Lucia Wright
  • champyhan1
    champyhan1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    does anyone do these dvds on rotation every day and lose weight out of ineterest? I am just trying to work out the best exercise rgime for me!
  • jadeb81
    jadeb81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do the Davina workouts twice a week, walk a fair amount in between and the weight IS coming off....I reached the conclusion that if I ache the next day its been worth it. I'm a big fan of the box-cardio workout but try to rotate them around so you're doing different exercises each time. Guess some people will find them beneficial whereas others may not. Try it...nothing to lose by trying! :-)