Strap or Strapless HRM

Options
I am in the market for a HRM. The one i have is about 6 yrs old and I need a new one. It has a chest strap. I bought it from a trainer that I was working with at the time. Now that I am looking on my own I am not sure what to get and really what the difference between the two are. I have Google it and still don't understand completely. Please help!

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    strap!!!! For sure strap! You dont want to have to be touching the watch all the time to accuratly record your heart rate!
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Definitely with the strap!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i would go with the strap too. and many straps are compatible with fitness machines in the gym
  • kasonsawyer
    Options
    Strap...the Polar FT7 works great and the strap is all cloth so it can be washed. It is super comfortable. I forget I am even wearing it half of the time.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Strap---its more accurate and you won't feel it, trust me, as I struggled with this when I was shopping for one--but when I wore it the first time, I was like "I cannot beieve I was worried about this."
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have mixed feelings. I have the strap and It slips down and i get mixed readings. I have the strap as tight as it will go and it's still not snug. I tuck it under my sports bar and it works until i plank or like jump rope, anything to do with arms up in the air, jumping jacks, you get the drift...... So i'm in the market myself looking at a way to assure the most accuate way to get a reading.
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    STRAP for sure :)
  • thogue29
    thogue29 Posts: 20
    Options
    I have a strap and wrist watch touchable HRM that work together. However, I have the option to just wear the wrist watch touchable HRM without the strap. The wrist watch is cumbersome (trying to hold still to touch it long enough while doing cardio) when working out so I don't use it without the strap. So I would suggest the strap for sure.
  • Milagras13
    Milagras13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your help. I definitely know what i am getting now. I appreciate all the advice.