weight loss supplements

Options
Does anyone currently take any supplements with their exercise and diet plans, like alli? I've tried alli in the past and am thinking of doing it again to help lose an extra pound for every 2 I work to lose. I am however not looking forward to the side effects. Yes I am obese otherwise I would never consider taking a diet pill. Advice is greatly apprieciated! Thank you!

Replies

• bdeliab
    bdeliab Posts: 25
    Options
    I tried Alli, but for a very short time, like 3 days maybe. I have nothing against them. The side effects were mild but I guess that I wasn't on them long enough to experience extreme side effects. I don't know. I don't think it would be a bad idea.
  • tmarion1538
    tmarion1538 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried alli for a few weeks several years ago and couldn't stand the side effects. I've recently started taking the Beachbody Slimming Formula and I'm loving it!!! It's not a "diet" pill though. It helps to increase your metabolism and give you more energy for your workouts. I have had NO side effects at all and I've been on it for about 3 weeks. You take it similar to alli as you take 2 pills before each meal (for 6 pills a day).

Good luck!
    Teresa
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    I don't know much in the way of supplements but the one you mention below my husband was told has consequences to your gallbladder and liver... incidently we did not find this out until my husband had emergency gall bladder surgery. I think it mentions something in the disclaimer about it but you'll need a microscope to read the font 2 that its written in!!!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I take the hydroxycut hardcore but only for energy right before I exercise. It works for me but I'm def not proclaiming others should do it. I know some people get jitters when they start. For me, it gives me energy for the workout and I don't take it before every meal or anything like they say
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! Tmarion I may have to look into that. I tried lipofuze which claims to have no side effects and had issues with those pills, I loved trimspa but I'm not able to find it anywhere. I tried slimfast drinks but those do not keep me full and I feel like I'm starving all day. Ngr oh wow I am sorry to hear that! Ill do some more research on alli before I make my choise. Once again thank you all so much! And best of luck on your weight loss journeys as well
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I use Jack3D for energy. It works great but makes my skin crawl sometimes if I'm sitting still. If I'm working out when the tingles hit then it actually feels kind of good!