energy drinks that are healthy?

Options
alyssa92982
alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
I work night shift-before changing to healthier eating I would drink coffee and a cola during the shift to help keep me goin-is there any different alternatives to this -I am also breastfeeding my baby too-

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    All the regular energy drinks specifically have a warning to not use if pregnant or nursing. Pepsi Max is diet Pepsi with caffeine and ginseng. I personally don't quite like the taste but it’s a great 0-calorie option.

That being said I don't think I would ever consider drinking the stuff if nursing but check with your doctor and other research studies first, I just wanted to let you know there are 0-calorie ones out there. The only other one I know is Sugar Free Red Bull but again, warning label + it tastes like cough syrup, eww.
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a healthy energy drink, in the sense of Monster, Redbull, etc... The only thing I can suggest is 5 hour energy shots, they are all natural but I would definitely check with your doctor to make sure there is nothing in there that could harm your baby.
  • schorkj
    schorkj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Water is the original energy drink; Zero calories never had 'em, never will.
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I totallay agree also they make you crash afterward. I suggest eating small meals or snacks to keep you energized and awake. And I don't know where you work, but during your breaks maybe do jumping jacks or running down the stairs....it gives me energy to be awake. I am also a nursing mother of a 3 month old and I drink green tea often.
  • amylary
    amylary Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i like the Muscle Milk light its a 100 calories and has lots of the b vitimans that give you energy and

Genuine Muscle Milk - Light 100 Calories Chocolate Nutritional Shake, 8 fl. Oz. (237ml) 100cal 6 carbs, 3g of fat 15grm of protien 2 gr of fiber and 270 of sodium so i use that as a snack and its filling and fell good after i drink it and they have lots of flavor. you can get the big ones at convienence store but the 100 calorie ones you can get in a 4 pack at the grocery store by the slimfast shakes. these help me
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Try and get lots of good sleep so you won't be drowsy.
  • momimouse
    Options
    I have a wonderful alternative for you to try! I used to do Red Bull, Monster, etc. all the time. But the crash really got to me in the afternoon and I got really sleepy.

Instead of that, now I drink Sobe Lifewater B Energy. There are only 2 flavors of this; one is something like Strawberry Apricot and the other I can't remember but it's a darker pink. If I'm not mistaken, it doesn't have caffeine and all the energy comes from all the different B vitamins it has in it. It actually gives me more energy than the other drinks for a longer period of time and I never crash with this drink.

Hope this helps. :)
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    There is only 1 brand of energy drinks that I have fou d to be healthy! I worked night shift until a few days ago and these helped me make it through the night! XS ENERGY! They have 8 calories in 8 oz. Or 12 calories in 12 oz. NO SUGAR and 1 carb! Instead of getting a sugar high like th others you get a ton of vitamin b12, which is not bad for you! I do sale these but am just giving you information! This is what has worked for me!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    There is only 1 brand of energy drinks that I have fou d to be healthy! I worked night shift until a few days ago and these helped me make it through the night! XS ENERGY! They have 8 calories in 8 oz. Or 12 calories in 12 oz. NO SUGAR and 1 carb! Instead of getting a sugar high like th others you get a ton of vitamin b12, which is not bad for you! I do sale these but am just giving you information! This is what has worked for me!

I agree, XS Energy is the only energy drink that is purely healthy, you can never get to much B vitamins, they are a water soluble vitamin, so anything extra your body naturally gets rid of. XS Energy also has some that are non-caffeinated, so in turn are a perfect fit for nursing mothers :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks! Do they sell xs energy in regular stores?(wal-mart,etc)
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    They are not sold in any stores or convenience stores! The only way to buy them is from an XS distributor like myself! You can order online or over the phone! If you want mores info please let me know I would be happy to help!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    FRS Healthy Energy is a good alternative, although it doesn't give you the buzz that caffeine will. It does, however, provide super antioxidant power and I have found it boosts my immune system. I have been using it for 2 years or more and swear by it.

You can get some of the products at GNC or you can buy them online.
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Emergenc packets are also good for a boost
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I drink Monster Absolutely Zero. Its not "healthy", but its not horrible. 0 cal, 1g carb, 0 sugar, 180mg sodium (per 8oz)

I like it a lot
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a healthy energy drink, in the sense of Monster, Redbull, etc... The only thing I can suggest is 5 hour energy shots, they are all natural but I would definitely check with your doctor to make sure there is nothing in there that could harm your baby.

Have you ever had one of those? I was thinking about trying one tomorrow because Im aiming to wake up super early for the gym.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Try and get lots of good sleep so you won't be drowsy.
    This can be a challenge when nursing a baby.....

With my doctor's approval, I drank a great deal of Good Earth tea while nursing. I think the Original is really great iced, too.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Take b12 gives you energy. I have also done the FRS thing and they seem to work!
  • mwhartley
    mwhartley Posts: 35
    Options
    I saw XS Energy Drinks on Amazon.com :)
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    A glass of water and a slow-release B-multi
  • shawnericcool
    Options
    If you saw XS Energy Drink on Amazon.com, then it's an illegal purchase. XS Energy drink is an exclusive energy drink sold by a privatized company that states in their sales agreements that this drink can only be sold by their distributors. In addition, these sales can't be promoted through ebay or amazon or other websites of the sort. If you buy an energy drink from these sources, then you're buying energy drinks from a source that is:

A. Not credible
    B. Not selling them in order to support or help you (they're doing it for themselves, not for your health)
    C. Not legally selling the product.

If you want the energy drink, you'll have to talk to a distributor about it, and that's not too difficult. In fact, if you don't know a distributor yourself (hint, I'm one), then you can contact the company through its website and buy them directly from them if you so choose. The drinks ARE healthy, they ARE designed specifically for sports enthusiasts, and ARE actively used regularly by a great variety of professional atheletes.