Miltary Spouses :)

Options
katapple
katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
Looking for some friends to help support and encourage each other during the ups and downs of military life. Doesn't matter who you are, what branch you serve, or if you're retired or active duty. :flowerforyou:

Look forward to meeting new people!!

Replies

• adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    Thank you and your husband both for your parts in Service. God bless you.

Adelle
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Military spouse here! My husband is Army, I am prior service myself (Army, National Guard and Army Reserves). Military life definitely is interesting, on both sides of the fence. I have been a part of USAREC now for a litte of 10 yrs now, about 4.5 to go..woohoo
  • kimmi12
    kimmi12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am a military spouse too. We will be on our way to Germany in June. Thanks for the post!
  • katapple
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Katie and I've been with my AD USAF husband for 12 years, married for 9 next month! We've been stationed in ND, WA, OK, and currently OH and only have 5 years left until retirement...wohoo!!

I've been maintaining my weight for a year, and no,not on purpose. Who knew those last 10lbs would be so hard to shed? LOL
  • katapple
    Options
    I am a military spouse too. We will be on our way to Germany in June. Thanks for the post!

How exciting!! I would have loved to go overseas just once, you get to see so much! Which base are you going to? I have a couple friends over there!

Thank you Adelle!

Ebg ~ we are in the same boat! So close to being done, exciting no? :)
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    Army wife currently stationed at Bragg- I grew up with the Navy, served in the Coast Guard and I have 23 PCS's under my belt (I'm 26 this year).
  • kimmi12
    kimmi12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

How exciting!! I would have loved to go overseas just once, you get to see so much! Which base are you going to? I have a couple friends over there!

Thank you Adelle!

Ebg ~ we are in the same boat! So close to being done, exciting no? :)

We will be stationed at Ramstein AFB. It's our second time in Europe, but the first was fifteen years ago. I'm sure lots has changed since then! Looking forward to the experience and the traveling though.
  • RosalieCrain
    Options
    Hello Military spouse here to AD Air Force! We have been married for over 19 years. Lived overseas in Europe for over 9 nine years. I am an island girl from Honolulu, HI ... I could not have asked for a more adventuous lifestyle in following my husband to his next duty station. I have friends all over the world that I keep in contact with on a normal basis! Love it!
  • katapple
    Options
    Katie ~ Wow!! That's a lot of moves! were you a 'brat' before? ;-P

Welcome Rosalie! I've been to HI once and absolutely loved it :) I also love having friends all over the world

Kimmi ~ My best friend from HS is there right now and isn't loving it. Especially with everything escalating the way it is, they get to move back to the states in June and she is so excited
  • mamato4boys1girl
    Options
    Can it only be new friends or do ones you already know count? :wink:
    I can always use some new friends to help keep me motivated. Hubby leaves on Friday for a 6 month deployment, it will only make it tougher to loose the weight.
    I am an AF brat then I married back into it! DH has been in for over 15 years and we have been married for 12 years on the 20th. We have 4 boys ages 10 years to 5 months and they keep me pretty busy. We met when my dad got orders to New Mexico & my husband was sationed there. Then we got orders to Germany for 4 1/2 years back to the states, Texas and now we are stationed in Idaho.
    I am hoping to really lose some weight this time, I haven't been doing to well since the birth of #1. Since giving birth to baby #4 I have lost almost 40lbs & am about to reach my 1st goal weight but I hope to get off atleast another 20lbs while hubby is gone.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    God bless you and your husband! THANK YOU!
  • leahw01
    leahw01 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am an Army wife stationed at Ft. Bragg. My DH leaves for another year long deployment in May leaving behind me and 3 little ones. Hoping to be HAWT when he returns! :)
  • chroi23
    chroi23 Posts: 27
    Options
    Army wife of 18 yrs here and mother of 2 teens...stationed at Grand Forks AFB in ND. Husband is an ROTC instructor at UND. Just got back from Germany. Where about are you going to be Kimmi? I loved it there and wish i could go back..but we've already hit 20yrs in and it's not likely. Love the idea of military wives supporting each other on here :D Hooah!
  • ebgbjo
    Options
    Hello Military spouse here to AD Air Force! We have been married for over 19 years. Lived overseas in Europe for over 9 nine years. I am an island girl from Honolulu, HI ... I could not have asked for a more adventuous lifestyle in following my husband to his next duty station. I have friends all over the world that I keep in contact with on a normal basis! Love it!

Lived in Hawaii for 3 yrs. Really really miss L&L's hot macaroni salad.. that stuff was soooo yummy!!

Katie- Actually, not looking forward to him retiring so soon. With this economy, he would be better off extending his retirement. We have talked about doing just that a few times, but it isn't set in stone just yet. I am totally jealous you are in Ohio- that is where I am from and we just spent two years stationed there, about 15mins from where I grew up. I want to go back home so bad :(
  • katapple
    Options
    Christi ~ Of course you can join :) Welcome aboard!

Thanks Jamie!

Leah ~ a year? so so hard! You will be HOT when he returns!! (of course you are already beautiful!)

Chroi ~ I am so excited to go back home to ND you have no idea! My friend is getting married in may :)

Eb~ We LOVE it here! Especially coming from Altus AFB, Ok...this is heaven! :) Hubby is going through AFIT so we on have one more year left before they move us somewhere else. We are so blessed that he gets to get a Master's degree while in, because he can't do his job outside of the Air Force. Hoping the economy is better in 5 years, because he is very unlikey to stay past 20
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. My Name is Natalie, i'm 26 & have been married for almost 6 years. My husband is in the Air Force. We have 3 small kids together. Our son is 5 and our daughter are 3 and 7 months old.
    If anyone wants to add me go ahead! I joined MFP in January but not really just getting started on the site.

We're in Texas right now but awaiting orders, we're due to move in 10 months
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    I am a AF (retired)daughter and AF(discharged)sister and Navy(active TO reserve) wife and Navy(active AND reserve)sister.... lol. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend! The more friends, the more support. I've currently found myself making better fitness choices and hitting bigger fitness goals than my Sailor...and it's (for lack of a better word) AWESOME! I plan on running circles around him by the end of the year and at this rate I could be there before summer. LOL
  • HW2Hottie
    HW2Hottie Posts: 100
    Options
    Gosh, I didn't realize we were all out there hiding! :)

Army wife for a long long time, 2 year to retirement, yea, and only one more deployment to go!

We have been to CA, NC, SC, GA, KY, TX . Didn't get the chance to go overseas but had a baby in almost every state! LOL. Hopefully staying in TX the rest of the time, let the older one finish high school.

Thanks for this Kat!
  • ebgbjo
    Options
    You go girl!! That is awesome!
  • SnackPacks
    SnackPacks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Im an Army Brat and the wife of a US Marine. But soon to be Army wife...My huband will be changing branches come May (after 5yrs with USMC). I would love to meet more wifes that understand this life we live. I would also love anyones input on what changes I should be expecting while making the change from Marin Corps spouse to Army Spouses =)