Brutally Honest - No Mollycoddling Allowed!

Options
Let me start by saying that I LOVE the support I get here on MFP. I have made some of the greatest friends! But I have reached this point where I need some taskmasters too! I have goals to reach! Things to do! WEIGHT TO LOSE! ...lol... OK, so the gist of it is, I am looking for a group of like-minded folks who will hold me accountable and look to me for the same. Everyone promises that no comments are to be taken (or given) as personal but simply made in the spirit of gettin' things done. Who's in?

Replies

• bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Timidly joins??? lol I'll let you know if you start to hurt my feelings, but I don't think that will happen coming from you, Jill. I know everything will be meant in the right spirit.
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Count me in! I need a good, swift kick in the behind! I'm in a better frame of mind lately, but it certainly wouldn't hurt me to be pushed. And I'll be a good girl and push back. :)
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just finished my Fat Loser Mental toughness program! (www.fatloser.com) It ain't nobody's fault but mine why I am here! If I want to lose the weight I have to stay tough! I am following through while everyone around me is eating giant chocolate chip cookies, pizza, and cake! I am tired of being a quitter and bowing to food, I am working hard to be a LOSER now! I'm 54 in April and it doesn't get any easier! I may not do the boot camp crazy exerises that Some of the younger people do, but my goal is a pound a week! I have my goals posted and my diet up for public scrutiny! I cant spend as much time here as I'd like to, but I journal my food, exercise, and water daily! I've been here for about 3 weeks so I think I might have the kinks out of my program.....:smile: Friend me! I'm ready!
  • LeeLiz12
    LeeLiz12 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm in!

Please feel free to add me :)
  • xsupertiffx
    Options
    Count me in!

Please feel free to add me, too! :)
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    75% of my friends on my page show love every day, you can add me and Ill do the same :)
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I can take it, I'm tough LOL Just don't look at my diary for today, we went to Cheddar's and I was very bad : ( Everyone add me, I can't get in the habit of checking these boards.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    WooHoo! You guys rock! Way to step up to the plate! I can't wait!!! Training for an ultramarathon so I need to get FIT and for that I need boatloads of help! Let's rock this thing!
  • ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've been told in the past that I am not always politically correct and have difficulty being honest without the brutal part...LOL

I think I've found my home...

Blessings to all

Diane
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am in as well! I like your style :bigsmile:
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Count me in and please add me!!

I do need to let you all know, though, that the next two weeks need to be easy ones for me - I am trying to heal an injury that I am fairly certain is the result of pushing myself a tiny bit TOO hard recently. Please note, however, that I am doing seven 5Ks this spring (starting March 20th, thus the two weeks off) and will be doing a 4-week fitness boot camp starting April 19th. I am ready to have my *kitten* kicked!!!

So, with all that said, despite the fact that the next two weeks will be very light on the exercise, I need to keep my diet in check!! So, please add me (my diary is only open to my friends) and call me out on my eating when it veers off into junk territory and offer up any suggestions you have for substitutions or additions.

Looking forward to some tough love!!!
  • krg918
    krg918 Posts: 36
    Options
    Count me in!!!. I've ignored my weight over the last few months for several reasons (excuses), but the biggest reason is laziness. Even started meds for high blood pressure when i know diet and exercise is better for it. But yesterday, i went to try on clothes for a friends wedding this weekend (because nothing in my closet fits). Even my fat size was too small:grumble: . that was the final straw. Everyone is welcome to be honest with me. I believe in "tough love".:tongue:
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    An ultramarathon! You rock!

I could use the extra motivation and support.

I know what to do and how to eat I just keep falling off the wagon.

I have realized that I want it badly but I haven't been working hard enough to achieve my goal.

I'm open for new friends and motivators.

Karen
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Everyone add me, I can't get in the habit of checking these boards.

Oh yeah, me too! I've tried to add everyone but if I forgot someone please add! :-)

What was I thinking...asking for this to start on Fat Tuesday....(*@&$(@!! :sad:
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just finished my Fat Loser Mental toughness program! (www.fatloser.com) It ain't nobody's fault but mine why I am here! If I want to lose the weight I have to stay tough! I am following through while everyone around me is eating giant chocolate chip cookies, pizza, and cake! I am tired of being a quitter and bowing to food, I am working hard to be a LOSER now! I'm 54 in April and it doesn't get any easier! I may not do the boot camp crazy exerises that Some of the younger people do, but my goal is a pound a week! I have my goals posted and my diet up for public scrutiny! I cant spend as much time here as I'd like to, but I journal my food, exercise, and water daily! I've been here for about 3 weeks so I think I might have the kinks out of my program.....:smile: Friend me! I'm ready!

Read your post earlier and started today...He's tough, but I like it!!
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I FEEL LIKE I NEED THIS TOO! people add me!!!