Does tea and other drinks count towards your water total?

Options
Tisha247
Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm new.
I'm just wondering if you would count tea and other drinks towards your daily water total, or is 8 cups of water just that, 8 cups.

Replies

• JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I count it as water as long as its decaf :)

I drink tea daily :heart:
  • endordb
    endordb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes tea can count as some of your fluid during the day. Just make sure you get other fluids throughout the day because caffeinated drinks can act as a dieuretic. I am a RN at a hospital and was talking with the dietician and you can also count some of the fluid in the fruit and veggies you eat as some of the water. I started this little escapade with weight loss approximately one year ago and eat nothing but raw fruit and veggies Monday thru Friday and approximately another 10 cups of fluids throughout the day. Well almost 60 lbs later it seems to be working. The water also assists in keeping hunger pangs down if dieting. Another good rule of thumb is if your urine is close to clear you are getting enough fluids. Hope this helps and Good Luck!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    thanks that does help
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I count anything I drink that does not contain sugar or sodium towards my water intake. And since I don't drink juice or regular soda, I count pretty much everything EXCEPT diet sodas.
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Me to I drink a ton of green tea durning the day and count it as water.