Hello!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm new around here, and happy to have found MyFitnessPal. I've tried all kinds of different calorie/fitness/weight loss tracking sites, and this one seems to strike the right balance for me between simplicity and depth. At any rate, I'm in my late 20s, finishing up grad school this semester. A few years back I lost 80+ pounds and got into great shape for the first time in my life. Since then, though, I've gained much of the weight back. Each year it seems I gain a bit, lose a bit, but a few months ago, I hit 220 again and realized I was halfway back to the most I'd ever weighed in my life. I joined Weight Watchers, which is where I lost the weight the first time, and it was going okay but I just can't afford it anymore. I'm hoping this site will serve as a nice substitute. At any rate, since I joined Weigh Watchers again back in September, I've lost around 10 pounds but seem to have stalled, which is mainly my own fault—I let myself cheat a bit too much, and don't track what I eat as well as I should. I've recently committed myself to exercise again, and already feel better—it's amazing how much energy I have all day when I go for a run in the morning.

I'm going to go with small, incremental goals. Right now, I want to get down to 200lbs by the end of April, when I'm getting married. I have about 11 pounds to go, so it might be tough, but I think I can do it if I work at it.

Anyway, I just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself.

Replies

• jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Options
    Glad you joined us here. Sounds like you have some great goals. Looking forward to seeing your success on here.
  • wendehaynie
    Options
    the site is nice, isn't it? i bet you can take all you've learned in WW and keep going. you are already on your way!! keep it up :)