New Food Fun

Options
bparr
bparr Posts: 246 Member
For Fun-- now that you're changing some of your eating habits and food choices-- I'd like to hear from others what new food item or meal have you found that you like :bigsmile: -- and maybe thought you'd never eat :noway:

Replies

• debbielynn66
    Options
    Soy milk :laugh:
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    fish,I have never been a huge fan of it. But last week I decided to make myself some haddock and I was shocked at how awesome it was and can't wait to get some more. Also having a baked sweet potato I don't think I will ever care for a regular potato again.
    Also something I LOVE now that I never cared for is green tea. One tsp of honey and Im set.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Laugh cow cheese, love the stuff! ohhh and I love those new flats they make bagels, bread, and rolls.Half the calories and makes me just as happy!Also never thought I would touch the stuff Sugar Free Jello:)
  • ambie35
    Options
    also something I only just realized as i was looking up the nutritional content of my pear. A pear = around 100 cals. Before I would say "gee I could eat half a mars bar for that amount" or grab a 100 cal cookie pack for "sweetness" However I look forward to natural sweetness and would snack on strawberries,grapes and other fruit any day over "low cal" junk food snacks. Just because something is low in calories doesn't make it good for you,just portioned controlled.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    water. really. i drink more water than ever.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Grilled Chicken and hummus... it's soooo good.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hot oat bran cereal and greek yogurt. Can't believe these foods are now part of my life. Weird!
  • kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    In an effort to reduce my processed food intake, I ditched chemical drink mixes like Crystal Light for naturally flavored water and tea, both iced and hot. Now I'm drinking *delicious* flavored water by putting sliced strawberries in cheesecloth and leaving them soak in 2 qts of water overnight. Voila, instant strawberry water that tastes loads better than the artificial stuff. I also splurged for some quality teas that I can use to make both iced and hot tea as a reward for staying on track with food all week. A great treat for myself and another much healthier alternative to chemical drinks.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    i found spaghetti squash. it's great.
  • ambie35
    Options
    love this idea for flavoured water,I'm going to try it tonight!
  • aflukey
    aflukey Posts: 2
    Options
    i never thought that I would like green tea until i tried it and now i LOVE IT and i am losing weight because of it!
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    mozzarella brussel sprouts, mozzarella eggplant rolls, and cabbage rolls. :) Those are are new favs here in my family. We are going to have the cabbage rolls tonight!!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken and hummus... it's soooo good.

:smile: Me too !
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Just water. I hate to drink water. I never thought I would be able to drink as much as I am supposed to, but I am doing it. Not really loving it, but doing it. That is a new thing for me.
  • Mrsbonno
    Mrsbonno Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    pretty much everything i eat now, i NEVER used to eat before. i was always the pre packaged,processed, quick and easy eats kind of person. i dont eat ANY of that anymore, and i'm actually getting my husband to eat the same way as me! its COMPLETELY out of my life! NATURAL WHOLE foods are the only thing that i put in my mouth anymore, and my friends are amazed at how differently i eat... so... what do i eat now that i never used to? EVERYTHING! LOL
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Bran cereal. I've used it to coat chicken before I bake it, coat mozzarella sticks to bake for 'fried cheese sticks' and for breakfast, with a banana!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    All kinds of greens, turnip greens, mixed greens, and kale!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Laugh cow cheese, love the stuff! ohhh and I love those new flats they make bagels, bread, and rolls.Half the calories and makes me just as happy!Also never thought I would touch the stuff Sugar Free Jello:)

I love the sandwhich and bagel thins. I use those to make sandwhiches for lunch almost every day at work. I also like to use the laughing cow cheese on celery instead of peanut butter. It's less calories and tastes so good with all the flavor options they have.

I have also started to eat the Better Oats brand of oatmeal. It is so good and low in calories (the most at 170 I believe) and they have quite a bit of flavor options. I usually add 2 tbsp of wild harvest banana walnut organic granola for a breakfast of about 200 calories that keeps me full until lunch most days.