Hello!

Options
Hi everyone!!! I thought I'd say hello and tell you a little bit aobut my self. I am new to the Daytona Beach Area. I've always struggled with my weight but have recently reached a point where I hurt and I am begining to fear the health problems in the future. I've tried weight watchers in the past and many other programs. I'm excited to see this site with similar tools to help me stay focused and supported as I start my long journey to a healtier me. I hope we are all great "losers."

Replies

• jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Options
    Glad to have you here. Welcome to MFP.
  • Silveremotion
    Options
    Welcome!! I have learned so much since joining. I have 40 pounds to loose and I have tried everything. This is more of lifestyle change I think since I have actaully learned what JUNK I was putting into my body... Good Luck on your journey!
  • karenbreaux
    karenbreaux Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I have about 60 pounds that I am trying to lose, the right way this time. I am 36 and have been on yo-yo diets my whole life without much success. I joined the gym in January of this year and was hoping that the pounds would just come off, but they haven't. I have not lost any weight since I joined the gym because I think my metabolism is just so out of whack with all of the crazy stuff I have done. I stopped weighing myself because I am just determined to look at this as exactly what it is, a lifestyle change. I feel so great everyday that I go to the gym. I am going at least 4 days a week, sometimes more, but on the days I don't go, I am staying active doing things like yard and housework. I know that exercising at least an hour a day is the best way to stay healthy, and that is my ultimate goal, so I am just going to keep up the hard work and I know that eventually the pounds will start to come off. I'm telling you this with the hopes that you won't get discouraged if you don't start to lose weight right away. This site has an awesome support group, and I hope that it works for you, because it has helped me to make myself accountable for what I am actually eating, it's easy to ignore how much you take in when you don't right it down, but when it is staring you in the face at the end of the day, who can ignore that?