Hello...I'm new!

kountrygrl27
kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, my name is Sara and as you can see I am new to this Site. I am 32 yrs old and weigh in at 240. My weight has yo-yo'd thru the years, I wasn't heavy tll after I graduated highschool. I come from a family of over weight people ( on my fathers side). My father weighed in around 400lbs, and I seem to take after him. I consider myself to be an emotional eater, I eat when I am bored and I feel like I have no will power most of the time. I catch myself saying "I dont need that" but cave in anway and becauseof this I often feel like there is no hope for me. I am starting to notice that my 8yr old daughter has developed my appetite and this scares me. She can eat almost as much as an adult. Luckly she has an appetite for healthier foods but its her amounts. Although I give her what is approiate for her age she still wants more..... I do not want her to be a heavy child but I am afraid she is heading down that road, so hopefully if I can figure out how to help myself it will inturn help her as well. I am hoping this site and other fitness pals can helpo give me the motivation to get myself on track and stay on track.

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Welcome. I love this site. I have met some great people on here. Add me as a friend if you would like some support and motivation.
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: This is a great site the tools and people here are wonderful. I understand that "I don't need this but want it anyway". Take a look around and at others food diarys and you will get some ideas as how to cut a few calories here and there to be able to have a little bit of what you want. Thats how I do it...I can go with out mayo on my sandwich as long as I have my starbucks that morning. :blushing: I started at 30 and 231lbs. So trust me it can be done!!! :laugh:
    Feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck you can do this!
  • kgorm001
    kgorm001 Posts: 17 Member
    Hello Sara,
    I'm somewhat new as well. I've been using the calorie app on my phone, but recently starting using the website for communication. I've invited my family to use this site, but so far no takers! Welcome and add me as a friend too. Since the weather is getting nicer here, I'm glad to finally get outside with my daughter. We bought a kickball, softball/glove, and basketball, and have gotten to the park for two weekends in a row now! It's helping me and my daughter get some exercise. So, start with something simple like tossing a ball around. Best of luck to you and your family!
    Kristy
  • kpovich
    kpovich Posts: 27
    Welcome!!!! So good to have you on here. You'll love the site and the people. I will send you a friend request and I hope you accept. :)

And BTW, what a GREAT mom you are!!!! I always admire people who take a look at situations and figure out how they can do good with their kids. Being proactive is the best way to assure they grow up healthy and strong. One piece advice... along with her healthy appetite... keep her active. Find things that you and her can be active together. Sports, walks, hikes, whatever. Just get up and get moving.

Can't wait to follow you and your progress!!

Take Care!
    Kelli
  • sweet_joy
    sweet_joy Posts: 3 Member
    Hi and welcome to the site, I joined about a month ago. It has given me some great ideas and helped me to stay within my calorie range. I hope that you will find it as helpful if not more. Feel free to request me as a friend. I too, like you I am an emotional eather, I have learned to control it......I am not perfect! I do slip at times, but for the most part I do control it :). I'm making heathier eating choices and my portion control is better........ I wish you the best of luck and look forward to becoming a friend. sweet_joy
This discussion has been closed.