Will this happen?

bergebl03
bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been trying so hard for almost a year now to lose all this weight..60 lbs of it..I've tried WW and I've been on here since last Dec. and havent made any progress. I feel so defeated all the time. I look in the mirror and think that I may never see the figure i want. I dont know how to overcome certain things, how can I focus on eating better and dropping the lbs.

Replies

• stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    If you open your journal, we might be able to help you.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Take it one day at a time. When I think of eating healthy forever, I get overwhelmed and discouraged. That turns into a "tomorrow attitude" meaning that I will eat healthy starting tomorrow and I better reward myself with extra treats today. That thought process caused me to gain 20 lbs in the last year. Now I wake up every morning and decide to eat well TODAY, and exercise TODAY. I started a thread called "Just for Today". Every morning I think of a goal that will be my focus for the day. Just make up your mind to live well today. If you make that decision enough times, eventually you won't have to decide, you'll just be there.:flowerforyou:
  • If you open your journal, we might be able to help you.

That's true. I find a majority of what got the ball rolling for me was being held accountable by my MFPs when I opened my diaries. I don't even know if anyone checks them but I'm afraid if I were to skip a meal, they'd know, if I binge, they'd know. Are you logging consistently? I have to painstakingly log everything while or before I eat it. Otherwise a bad cycle starts of me binging again...
  • GorgeousMa
    GorgeousMa Posts: 34 Member
    You can do it, ive been doing Tae Bo since August and lost almost 40 lbs. My body is waaaay different than what it was before. Stop telling yourself you cant do it cause you can!
  • Susan821
    Susan821 Posts: 7
    You must be honest with yourself. If you have tried for over a year and haven't lost anything, then you probably haven't changed anything. Eating habits is the biggie! It DOES matter if you have one little piece of cake! Exercise is always an issue for me - I hate it! - but it is necessary to get healthy. Be honest with yourself and do it for yourself! Start today - forget the past year and go from now. Eating and exercise is the secret to wieght loss.
This discussion has been closed.