right food choices

Options
how do eat healthy but feel full when i eat, and stop the mindless snacking?any help out there.

Replies

• dmt595
    Options
    how do eat healthy but feel full when i eat, and stop the mindless snacking?any help out there.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another thread, but I think it applies here as well...

Try stocking your kitchen with really healthy (and filling) items...things with a lot of protein and fiber...and plan to eat every 2-3 hours. You will never get hungry because your body won't have time to.

I have my food diary set up with times rather than names of meals (8-11, 11-2, 2-5, 5-8, 8-11) as a reminder to eat every few hours. It also really helps me plan my days. For instance, tomorrow I am working a 10 hour day, so I will be at work for 4 of those above "meal slots." I am planning to have a bowl of cereal before I go to work (8-11) then for lunch I'm having a Smart Ones frozen meal (11-2) then I will have some granola for an afternoon snack (2-5) and then I will have some almonds to hold me over (5-8) until I get off work and can eat dinner with my family (8-11). I don't usually eat dinner that late but Fridays are a little different for me. On a usual night I eat dinner in the 5-8 time slot and then have a sugar free Jello pudding snack for my bedtime snack.

Here are some of my staples: carrots and light veggie dip, Laughing Cow cheeses, granola, organic oatmeal, craisins, Fiber One bars, all natural fruit snacks, Kashi waffles, yogurt, light multi-grain English muffins and sugar free jellies, cottage cheese, All Bran crackers, Campbell's Select Harvest Light soups, almonds (found them in 100 calorie packs...perfectly portioned and great on the go!), Simply Jif peanut butter, low calorie bread, sugar free Jello pudding snacks, Pringles 90 calorie wheat sticks, Slim a Bear 100 calorie bars, lite applesauce cups, and Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal.

I eat ALL the time, and I snack all the time, but it's all low cal so it doesn't kill my calorie count and I never get hungry. I have some sweet items, some crunchy, some savory, some salty, some to be served cold, some to eat warmed. No matter what I am craving I have something in my fridge or cabinets to satisfy me.
  • dmt595
    Options
    thank you for your ideas i will try them and i really like your eating time slots that is really helpful.thank you
  • jbuehrer
    Options
    I eat Orville Redenbacher's - Natural - Simply Salted Popcorn.. It has a whopping 30 calories per cup of popcorn. I can eat the whole bag and not feel guilty
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I hafya agree with my cyber sis BNL, it's all about re framing your thinking! :flowerforyou: If you stock healthy type foods, then you will eat healthy type foods.. then you will (eventually) crave healthy foods as well.:bigsmile: Believe me, I know it works!:wink: Plus, I keep my Food Diary up on my 'puter all day, so I can log either food, or exercise, ASAP! That allows me to PLAN on what I'm doing, on both sides of that coin.:glasses:
    Lastly, make friends with smaller portions, and eat thru the entire day! that way, you won't be wanting to have *whatever* nearly so much, because you will never be "starving". :drinker: And an occasional indulgence is something to now be treasured, and it's ok. Hugz and luvya!
  • Marymary1097
    Options
    BrandNewLaura....your post is fantastic! Smart info. I've also timed out my meals this past year, but I stop eating for the day at 3:00 pm.

It gives my insides a break (like a mini daily fast) and I don't wake up insanely hungry in the morning.

I heard Oprah stops eating at 7:30 pm, but that 's still too late for me.

I've lost 30 pounds with this method. I also walk with a friend Mon-Fri everyday about 4 miles or so.

Keep it up everyone! If you slip, don't quit! Nice site too.
  • dmt595
    Options
    i want to think everyone for the wonderful ideas.My friend and I walk about four times a week and about three to five miles a day we have been doing it for 30 days so far.I wish everyone good luck and stay healthy.
  • dmt595
    Options
    Weight loss has been slow and my eating is not all that great,but I have been working out almost everyday,but it seems like everyone else is lossing weight but me.:sad:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!