Weight loss roadblock.

Options
I am in a long distance relationship and only see my boyfriend on the weekends. During the week I eat healthy and exercise regularly, but when I go see the boyfriend he doesn't eat anything healthy and never exercises! It makes it really hard to stick to a diet when he's eating all kinds of sweets and junk food and is constantly offering them to me. All the weight loss that comes during the week seems to get counteracted by the weekends. Any suggestions?

Replies

• beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I go to my favorite movie Boiler Room and quote Ben Affleck " Either your selling them on why they need it, or there selling you on why they don't, either way a sell is being made" so in short he is selling you on why you should eat bad when you should be selling him on why he should eat good :)
  • MeganM0224
    Options
    Seriously I was in the same position but I started working out in front of him on the weekends and he joined in. After I kicked his butt in push ups and sit ups I think he was a little embarrassed and is now dieting and exercising faithfully. We actually have a lot of fun working out together! Try it with your boyfriend and it may help. Just stay strong when it comes to the food, you can do it!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    well the good news is your training you body on during the week to learn how to burn the fuel ... so on the weekends, most likely your body is still burning the way it should... However, that doens't mean that you should eat whatever and it will just burn right off....

Maybe have talk with your boyfriend and involve him in your goals to lose weight. If it's important to you it should also be important enough to him to at least provide healthier options to you even though he may not want to eat them.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to always be prepared, bring some things with you so you have your own good eats, decide ahead of time where you will eat and then look up the nutrition content of the meal beforehand then don't look at the menu so you won't be tempted to order something different. Just remember that healthy meal, will taste and fill you up just as well as the bad one but you will get to feel wonderful afterward becasue you aren't overstuffed and you're proud of yourself. My fiancee is the same way so I told myself I would do my own thing no matter what, become a food snob, just keep it internal. This means something to you and damn't you can do it!!!!!!
  • roadbiscuit2000
    Options
    I have a similar situation and I say invite him to go exercise with you like jogging and if he doesn't want to come then go without him. Also just politely decline the unhealthy food and find something to eat that is healthier. He should respect what you are trying to accomplish and be more understanding. Maybe go to the store when you go visit and buy a few healthy foods for yourself. Hope this helps.
  • shana8577
    shana8577 Posts: 10
    Options
    You both should walk to the store to get the bad food, that way he's exercising and doesn't really think of it that way.
  • Joaninha777
    Options
    Yes my husband WAS the same way! Keyword here, was! You need to explain to him that this is very important to you, and that you are trying really hard to be healthy. Ask him if he wants to be healthy together, and if he says yes then you will have to constantly remind him "WE shouldn't eat that" and so on! If he says he doesn't want to, then you need to be strong, and say NO to him! If you go out to eat, suggest a place you know you can get a salad, and bring your own snacks instead of eating his. I had a really tough time with my husband and don't you know he is now at the gym with me, and eating healthy! Mind you my husband is SUPER skinny so he doesn't even have to, but to support me, he did it all.
  • PenguinPrincess
    Options
    Thanks guys I will try your suggestions! :-)