Turbo Fire moves

Options
I have been looking at Turbo Fire for a while now, but have yet to buy it. I was reading the reviews and some people said that the moves are tough to master and it wasn't worth it. It looks like a lot of fun, but I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a workout program that is too difficult. Has anyone had problems learning the moves and keeping up?

Replies

• wannabefit4life
    Options
    I just started my second week. It definitely is challenging but practice makes perfect. I will say though that I get AWESOME burns with this workout so it's definitely worth it to me! Good luck!
  • txsjhawk
    txsjhawk Posts: 25
    Options
    In a late night infomercial haze, I bought it and LOVE it!! It is a little tricky at first but has a section called "new to class" where she walks you through each move. You actually complete the entire workout during this section so you dont have to watch it and then do the workout after. It takes about an extra 15 for the breakdown but still a great workout. Many of the moves are repeated so once you get them down, you know where you are headed. It is a great cardio and toning workout all in one.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have Turbo Jam, not Turbo Fire, but from what I hear the moves are not that different - and TJ was really easy to learn.
    The only beef I hear people have with TF is the camera work - its jittery and jumpy and doesn't help with learning the routine.

HTH!
  • summersvl
    summersvl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have both Turbo Fire and Turbo Jam. They are definitely worth it, and Charlene Johnson keeps you motivated and positive!!! The workouts ARE fun! I've lost 50 pounds using Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. Turbo Fire is more intense than Turbo Jam, but you follow along at your own pace. I highly recommend these workouts. A co-worker of mine also lost quite a bit of weight using these workouts along with a well-balanced diet. Good luck to you whatever you decide.
  • magenta4c
    magenta4c Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    well, i watched yesterday the youtube video of charlene where she describes the difference between her workouts. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz8DJy-YGIQ) i'd say it depends on your fitness level. i like turbo jam. choreography wise it's complex enough for me, but i don't need anything more challenging... it would take away from my workout if i have to focus too hard on the moves.

did you try turbo jam before? if yes, was it challenging for you?
  • kvns83
    kvns83 Posts: 29
    Options
    I have the program and absolutely love it. Yes it is a little difficult but once you learn the routine it is an awesome workout. Her directions are clear, and there is a lower impact to the right, also she ha a NEW TO CLASS option that breaks it all down. She uses the same moves in almost all the dvd's and mixes up the routine a bit. Put in the effort and you will have it in no time...PATIENCE IS KEY!!! If you aren't very cordinated then it may be a little tougher but not impossible.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love turbofire.
    she calls them out, and once you learn them all it's okay. if you want you can start out with turbojam, which was a lot more mover-learning friendly lol.

most of the moves are boxing-ish (strike, upper cut, hook, jab) so it's not THAT hard if you know what you're doing. :9 but trying to keep up with correct form at first will be hard. i know my punches looked downright pathetic when i first started.

i got it after about 4 or 5 attempts.
  • shanhawk
    shanhawk Posts: 44
    Options
    I have Turbo Fire and LOVE IT!! I didn't think it was hard to master the moves at all. I love the "new to class" section that allows you to learn the moves in sections. The calorie burns are great and I have TONS of fun with the workouts!! It's so worth every penny!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    After you do some of the classes, the moves and her cues become familiar...So, regardless of what class you do, a "twist" is the same thing and "clockwork" is the same. Also, I don't find the camera work jumpy at all.
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have both Turbo Fire and Turbo Jam. They are definitely worth it, and Charlene Johnson keeps you motivated and positive!!! The workouts ARE fun! I've lost 50 pounds using Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. Turbo Fire is more intense than Turbo Jam, but you follow along at your own pace. I highly recommend these workouts. A co-worker of mine also lost quite a bit of weight using these workouts along with a well-balanced diet. Good luck to you whatever you decide.

I guess my question would be are the moves in Turbo Fire easier to pick up if I'm already doing Turbo Jam?
  • abillings9
    abillings9 Posts: 165
    Options
    well, i watched yesterday the youtube video of charlene where she describes the difference between her workouts. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz8DJy-YGIQ) i'd say it depends on your fitness level. i like turbo jam. choreography wise it's complex enough for me, but i don't need anything more challenging... it would take away from my workout if i have to focus too hard on the moves.

I have not tried Turbo Jam. That is the other one I am looking at. I guess it is a toss up between the two right now! Turbo Jam is a bit less expensive so I may go with that one first.

ETA: Thanks for the Youtube link! Very helpful!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

I have not tried Turbo Jam. That is the other one I am looking at. I guess it is a toss up between the two right now! Turbo Jam is a bit less expensive so I may go with that one first.

ETA: Thanks for the Youtube link! Very helpful!

As a Beachbody coach I would highly recommend you start with Turbo Jam first. The same way I recommend that people start with P90, before doing P90X.

Just my 2 cents.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • summersvl
    summersvl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would say it is just as easy to catch on to the moves with either Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire In my opinion, if you are not the most coordinated person, you'll get the hang of of either one. Charlene's approach is so user friendly and she makes it fun. If you are using Turbo Jam, it won't hurt you to try Turbo Fire. You can do it!!!