Chocolate

Options
j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
Alright, I have been craving chocolate and just can't get enough of it. I've been making sure to only eat a serving but I have to stop eating it all day. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Alright, I have been craving chocolate and just can't get enough of it. I've been making sure to only eat a serving but I have to stop eating it all day. Does anyone have any suggestions.
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sorry, be strong, cause I love chocolate. We had a chocolate fountain at work yesterday.I could not resist

Come chat online. Here is the website http://mfp-archive.harehome.org/chat/
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I get my chocolate fix from 1 cup fat free milk with 2 tbsp no sugar added nesquick. I have that a couple times a day!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate and honestly I have found only 2 ways to stay away from it. One is to stay completely away from it or second which works for me especially when I am really craving it. I take agave nectar and plain cocoa and make a type of syrup then make it into a cocoa or on ice cream as a treat or to soothe that impossible craving.
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    Have your chocolate and eat it too----try phillyswirl swirlstix --57 calories!!!!!! very chocolatey and also very forgiving on the hips!! and ooooohhhhhh sooooo goooooddd!!!!:tongue:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I just so adore chocolate! :love: It's just not fair, but I simply deal with it. When I have an honest craving for chocolate, I wait for 3 days. If I still have that same craving, then I simply must have something! But instead of pigging out on it, I have a small portion, and see what happens the next day. Usually, after a couple of days of giving in to it, and logging it, and planning on it, the craving passes. But I totally feel your pain sista!
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    Train yourself to only like the high quality goods. Become a bit of a chocolate snob. :laugh:

I really like scharffenberger 70% dark chocolate. It is so rich and filling that you don't need much to be satisfied. Their bars are small and spendy enough that it is a treat and not a daily indulgence.
    http://www.scharffenberger.com/default_home.asp

Good luck. You can cut down on chocolate. I love the stuff too, but I can turn my nose up at all but the good stuff, and eat that in appropriate amounts. I actually eat chocolate fairly often, especially at my very leanest. As for other sweets, if it is not chocolate it is not worth eating.:laugh:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chocolate, but I find that if I have a little, I end up eating a ton. So what I have been doing is having a handful of raisins instead. They are sweet so they do satisfy the craving. Also, since I don't really like them that much, a handful is plenty. So far, this is the only thing that has worked for me. And trust me, I have tried plenty of things.
  • meggy88
    Options
    Oh my gosh I just started my diet a couple days ago, and I am craving chocolate SOO bad! My boyfriend won't let me, he says I will thank him later when I lose the 20 lbs I want to lose. :) he's sweet. hah
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    I agree with several other, go for the best chocolate, and go to a choclate store where you can buy one or 2 peices, I found Target has a candy section, you weigh yourself, they have dark chocolate almonds, yummmmyyyy, I but 12 at a time....Zoe
  • marisa0918
    Options
    I found a new love. My daughter love goldfish crackers well I was at the store the other day and now they make chocolate goldfish crackers! I think that you can eat like 50 or so and it is only 140 calories, and they are really good! I munch on those whenever I need my chocolate fix
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    they say that cocoa is actualy good for you ...

its the fat and sugar they put into it that isnt..lol

ever tryed dark chocolate .. 70% is actualy pretty good,,, you can try different brands before you find the perfect one ( i like green & black ) but then its guilt free.. and because the taste is so powerfull,, 1 square or 2 are normaly enough to satisfy my craving

but yeah . nothing like cadbury's chocolate melting on your tongue ..sighhh

may
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I get my chocolate fix from Fiber One Oats & Chocolate granola bars! YUM!
  • krush
    krush Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they have several options that I like...
    100 calorie dark or milk chocolate bars
    100 calorie packs of Chocolate Toucan cookies
    130 calorie Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bars that are really fudgy

-'Lots of choices to satisfy your cravings without compromising your calorie intake.
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    To get my chocolate fix, I'll have a Hershey Dark Chocolate stick. They have 60 calories each but it's enough to satisfy the craving.