New here, Zumba question?

Options
Okay, so what exactly do I put Zumba under? I was looking through the database and I have no clue. I do go pretty high energy with it. and I use the toning sticks. Also if anyone else is doing it, how often do you do it a week? Loads of fun doing it with a toddler attached to your back too. :)

Replies

• ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I put it under dancing, i think modern/aerobic/ballet, or something like that...
  • ddmiles
    ddmiles Posts: 4
    Options
    I ask the instructor what the calorie burn rage is most of them know. I do a boot camp class and she lets me know the averge calories burned during the class.
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I log it under high impact aerobics. I know it's technically not high impact, but the calories burned are the most accurate for that category. I recently started wearing a HRM and the calories nearly match.
  • Okgirl
    Okgirl Posts: 12
    Options
    I love Zumba! I've been logging it as aerobics, general.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I went to Walmart.com..they have a calorie burned counter...then I manueally added Zumba to my excercise...and when I got my HRM..the calories burned was pretty close to what the Walmart calorie counter said...which is about 670 cals for me!!!
  • Serret
    Serret Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Aerobics it is. And I'm doing it at home, so no instructor.
  • zhillsgirl
    Options
    I enter it as "low imapacr aerobics". My Zumba instructor wears an arm monitor and we have compared numbers and it is fairly close.
  • MrsBrit2007
    MrsBrit2007 Posts: 161
    Options
    I put it under 'Dancing, aerobics' but I think I'll put it under 'Aerobics - high impact' next time because I work pretty hard at it.